Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has any one tryed out the zev. Tech oz9

Gridlock

There was a thread about it not too long ago: 

I'm pretty interested in trying one, but haven't talked myself into buying one yet.

Zev is now selling the frame individually, which is cool. You can now buy just the lower and not waste money on the slide/barrel if you specifically want something else for those.

Hopefully one day they can offer heavy grips like the new tungsten infused grips for the P320 X5 Legion.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

Just watched this. I definitely don't agree with this guy about some things (I hate the normal Glock grip angle and he complains about the grip angle on the OZ9 being more like a 1911 because he is used to glocks), but his safety concerns are definitely valid and anyone considering this gun should watch his videos to be aware of the issues.

On 7/26/2019 at 7:04 AM, avastcosmicarena said:

There was a thread about it not too long ago: 

I'm pretty interested in trying one, but haven't talked myself into buying one yet.

Zev is now selling the frame individually, which is cool. You can now buy just the lower and not waste money on the slide/barrel if you specifically want something else for those.

Hopefully one day they can offer heavy grips like the new tungsten infused grips for the P320 X5 Legion.

Ueah i like the x5 legion also i shot the x5 and it shoot really nice

I had one - was my favorite "glock" due to the grip angle but it had a few things I didn't like:

• Price - not worth it IMO (I'm not against expensive pistols, just don't see the extra benefits over some customization for a LOT less).
  • Trigger - the new "pro" flat face trigger left a lot to be desired (pre travel, break, etc).  I got a deal on a Zev fulcrum and it was MUCH better
  • Holsters - had a hard time finding one that fit when my usual G17 didn't fit great and needed modification

So, I sold it to a buddy who loves it.  I went for more competition oriented stuff...but will look again when they have a G19 sized option 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a ZEV-ish OZ9.  

I purchased the frame and grip from ZEV.  I used their pins and small parts.  Trigger is an Apex purple.  Current top end is stock Glock17/3.  I do have another top end on order.  I don't particularly like the styling of the ZEV stuff(hence why I'm not using it, It's a bit too fancy for me. 

I have a holster from GX on the way.

This is my main match pistol.  

I don't have enough rounds thru the gun to say anything relevant about reliability, however I really like shooting it.  I've got about 500 through it with no issues.  That, to me, isn't enough.  Once I double that I'll have a better feeling about the reliability aspect of the pistol.  

It is accurate enough for my current needs (local matches) and is very comfortable to shoot, for me.  The grip is nice but I am going to ditch the one finger groove sooner than later and stipple the grip.  The frame definitely seems to mitigate recoil a touch better than a stock pistol, which it should being a bit heavier.  All in all, I'm very happy with the pistol even in it's current form.  Once I get the new top end tuned up and painted I'll report back.