Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stranger Things Chapter 3

EA308

I really like both of the first two seasons, but the third has been a let down to me. I just haven’t been able to get into it as much. I was really excited to binge watch it. Did anybody else feel like the third season just wasn’t as good?

On 7/24/2019 at 4:57 PM, EA308 said:

I really like both of the first two seasons, but the third has been a let down to me. I just haven’t been able to get into it as much. I was really excited to binge watch it. Did anybody else feel like the third season just wasn’t as good?

I'm with you.

• 2 months later...

I actually felt the 3rd season was the best of the three. The soundtrack, the Russians, and the whole "the thing"-esque monster was awesome. It was a little cheesy at times, but I enjoyed it. 

• 2 years later...

1st season was fun 80s horror movie throwback stuff, and really kept me interested.  2nd season, meh.  3rd season is great if you like really bad acting, or watching kids getting mutilated or deeply traumatized, the only payoff being some trite 80s nostalgia. I wanted to like it but couldn't.  After a few episodes I wish the pizza delivery boy with the van would have been killed!

27 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

1st season was fun 80s horror movie throwback stuff, and really kept me interested.  2nd season, meh.  3rd season is great if you like really bad acting, or watching kids getting mutilated or deeply traumatized, the only payoff being some trite 80s nostalgia. I wanted to like it but couldn't.  After a few episodes I wish the pizza delivery boy with the van would have been killed!

Same. Soundtrack and old cars kept me slightly entertained. Story was very disjointed.

12 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

1st season was fun 80s horror movie throwback stuff, and really kept me interested.  2nd season, meh.  3rd season is great if you like really bad acting, or watching kids getting mutilated or deeply traumatized, the only payoff being some trite 80s nostalgia. I wanted to like it but couldn't.

Pretty spot on.  Over it for sure.  They took so much time between Season 2 and 3 it was like almost watching a whole new cast.