Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Today I bought the last available Trojan 9mm in our country. What does it need to be competitive?

regards,

A magwell, a decent set of grips, and a lighter recoil spring.  It is pretty much ready to rock out the gate.

Exactly what tha1000 said.  And some quality 10 round mags.  Dawson Precision mags have run flawlessly in mine.

Lots of mags with extended base pads to fit the magwell you choose...

Trojan.thumb.JPG.ee7ea9a4c2ab77de5dd6e56a3cca6cc4.JPG

STI use to put MIM parts in their guns. New fire controls and a real trigger job helped me a lot. 

Mag well is critical. 

Also so you can channel the left grip so you can reach the extended mag release button you will install. 😀

I am happy you got one.  The Trojan is one of the best out of box guns and it can be modified

with little money to make it better.  I have two Trojans in 40sw that I shoot in L10 and SS.  Both

are set up exactly the same.  I bought an older one first and then a newer one.  I was going to

shoot the newer one in competition and use the older one for practice and as a back up.

However, after shooting both guns, I have decided to shoot the older one in competition and the

newer one in practice.  The older one just feels better, hard to explain.  Sad that STI has decided

not to continue building these SS pistols.  Good luck with yours.......

I've only ever had one in my hands. I didn't like the grip panels that came stock with it.

A magwell should help. Proper magwell installation might require smoothing the transition from magwell to grip area.

Can you press the mag release easily?

A trigger job - or new parts and trigger job - can surely improve things.

Edited by perttime

Picked up a CRP Trojan from Dawson in May of this year, job has been so hectic have not even been to the range yet but it is loaded and ready to go - 

Pistol/STI/Trojan/9mm/5' Bushing/Super
Tuned w/Hard Chrome Finish/Includes
Silver DP Ice Magwell, .160T x .100W DP
Optic Front Sight, DP IDPA Length D&T
Mag Catch, DP Lo Pro Mag Button, Silver
DP Basepad, and DP Enhancement Package

5 hours ago, Sparky said:

I just looked on Dawson Precision and they still show STI Trojan's in 9mm for sale?

These are standard Trojans, not the CRP Trojan.

If someone wanted to upgrade to the CRP or Super Tuned package I’m sure they could make that happen pretty quick..... in the past every time they have quoted lead times parts are returned in half the time!

Hawk21, Yes I believe you are spot on.  DP is a great company and upgrading the basic Trojan to the CRP is all done

in house and probably would not take that long; great point!!!!!!!

I should have looked up the highlighted Trojan 9mm on the OP (Netherlands).

I think he is referring to what looks like a Trojan 9mm PCC.  Sorry I think we all

got it wrong😎?

On 9/9/2019 at 5:26 PM, Sparky said:

I just looked on Dawson Precision and they still show STI Trojan's in 9mm for sale?

These are standard Trojans, not the CRP Trojan.

Ron, Dawson can take any plain Trojan as far as you want to go you just have to ask for it. When I ordered my Trojan I wanted the hard chrome version but they didn’t have any so they sent one of the plain Trojans to Virgil Tripp to hard chrome for me and then built it out to my specs when it came back. Dawson is some fine folks to work with. 

On on the side, how are you doing? 

On 9/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, Sparky said:

I should have looked up the highlighted Trojan 9mm on the OP (Netherlands).

I think he is referring to what looks like a Trojan 9mm PCC.  Sorry I think we all

got it wrong😎?

No it's the STI 9mm Trojan 1911 🙂

What do you think of your Trojan? I’m looking at DP’s version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ours club took the last new sti edge.

after 1 mag. the mag release button pop out from plastic grip with peace of plastic that hold it in the place.🙉

grip was replaced and now it works 100%.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, Aggieddad02 said:

Ron, Dawson can take any plain Trojan as far as you want to go you just have to ask for it. When I ordered my Trojan I wanted the hard chrome version but they didn’t have any so they sent one of the plain Trojans to Virgil Tripp to hard chrome for me and then built it out to my specs when it came back. Dawson is some fine folks to work with. 

On on the side, how are you doing? 

Hey Walter, Doing well, will PM you.   Ron