Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breech Face Erosion

CSEMARTIN

I can vouch for Jim Milks on the welding. Jim used to work for EGW before going on his own, back when George was building a lot of guns.  George at EGW would vouch for Jim as well.  By the way, George is EGW and Doug Koenig would most likely vouch for both.  Clark Custom used to do the breech face work with some of the accuracy work back when Jim Sr. was in the accuracy game and everyone that has been around a 1911 knows that the Clark name is synonymous with 1911 accuracy. Justin Clark grew up with it, just like Jeff Abernathy with Tommy Guns.  Man I am getting old. but I have been fortunate to have dealt with some of the greats in the 1911 world. Who ever you decide to do the work for you ,tell them Tommy Roupe with Roupe Grips says hello.  You won't go wrong with  Jim or Justin and feel at ease with either. Good luck with the repair.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, troupe said:

I can vouch for Jim Milks on the welding. 

Troupe,

Thank you for taking the time to post this...very helpful.  I am somewhat familiar with Clark Custom.  Years ago a guy I shot with asked me to do some trigger work on his Clark Custom 1911.  It was one of the nicest built 1911s I had ever seen, and I ended up not doing anything to it.  Everything was perfect on the gun so I put it back together and gave the guy his gun back.

After reading all the feedback on this thread, I think I'm going to see about getting the breech welded up.  Thank  you to everyone that helped me through this.

Chris

• 2 months later...