Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 XFive TXG grip module - legal in SSP & ESP

DCSigCZ

The Plan

I just ordered a complete TXG grip module from the Sig Sauer Academy Pro Shop. I have two standard XFives, one set up with iron sights and one with a Romeo1 on it. I currently shoot SSP (I have not yet tried Carry Optics) so I am going to swap the TXG grip module for the standard XFive grip module, put my original FCU in the TXG grip module and then put my standard XFive slide assembly with iron sights on top of that TXG lower assembly. I will also remove the magwell  because magwells are not allowed in SSP.  As long as I am under 43 ounces, I am good to go. 

The Question

What is IDPA’s ruling on what I propose to do? 

Edited by DCSigCZ
Shortened the post to get to the point.

There has been a lot of speculation about legality of the TXG grip assembly by itself, most of which pertains to IPSC and USPSA.  I am interested in IDPA’s ruling. I just spoke to the Corporate office and was given the name of our Area Coordinator and advised to route the question to him. I am doing that now and will report back. 

The IDPA Area Coordinator for my state replied to my question. Based upon the fact that SIG is selling the P320 XFive Legion with the TXG grip module installed as a regular product in the P320 line, along with the fact that Sig is selling the TXG grip module itself, then:

I would say at the equip table it would be SSP legal (minus the magwell) provided it makes weight. ESP legal with the magwell, provided it makes weight.

Edited by DCSigCZ
Trying to make the font larger so message is easier to read.

I’ve never used the magwell because it’s not legal in SSP, so I don’t know if I’d be faster with it installed or not. My EDC does not have one so practicing and competing without one is also better for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rtr said:

Is a regular X5 with TXG grip legal in USPSA production or carry optics?

CO, yes. Because of the weight rules technically you would need a Legion X5 to run a Legion X5 grip in Production. Not sure how you practically tell the difference.