Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurate #2 Powder

GregInAtl

I use Accurate #2 for 9mm and really like it. I've noticed that sometimes I get little specs of gun powder in various places inside my gun (M&P CORE 9L). Anybody else have this issue with AA #2. Any remedy (beside the obvious, quit using it, which is not an option).

11 hours ago, BlindAsABat said:

I use it for 40 and have the same problem. Interested to see of someone has a solution.

How do you get the little specs of gunpowder out of your gun, or do you? Those particles stick to the gun when it's well lubed with CLP, etc.

I was running Universal Clays and would have unburnt powder on my arms after shooting. I switched to AA2 and have had much less. Theres still a little but not nearly as much. The only Issue I have with it is it gets all over press.

As long as your load is where you want it as far as performance It is fine from what others have said

8 hours ago, GregInAtl said:

How do you get the little specs of gunpowder out of your gun, or do you? Those particles stick to the gun when it's well lubed with CLP, etc.

They come out no problem when I clean the barrel. While shooting sometimes, they get in the chamber and prevent rounds from chambering properly causing malfunctions.

What is your load? Im running 4.6 with a 115 extreme RN at OAL out of Sierra manual equivalent. and I'm definitely not getting enough to cause any kind of interference

out of an X5

Edited by m700

• 2 weeks later...

It simply isn't an issue other than the aesthetics of not having kernels on your arm. The gun doesn't care and accuracy is unaffected, so why sweat it?

You can increase the charge to reduce the unburned kernels even more.

Ask at an indoor range how much "unburned" powder they have to sweep up every day.

I would rather not worry about a non-issue then to clean my gun between runs as I would then need 2-20 fouling shots to get it back to known accuracy.

actually the op said it was an issue as he was getting malfunctions due to the problem. BIG ISSUE.
Although he also said, stop using it isnt an option...( I mean as stated it is the obvious) .
 Looks like,, clean it between runs and become "that guy" that is never around to tape and reset.
Up your charge to increase pressure and hopefully burn percent.
Could also use lighter bullets,, which is kinda same, would up charge and pressure to make power factor. What bullet weight ? running 147's and mousefart pressure level ? Maybe try working up a 124 gr load. Might help

I don't get kernels on my arm or any part of me, for that matter. I just notice it in the gun when I clean it, If it doesn't hurt the gun any, I'll  keep doing what I'm doing. Btw, the bullets are 124gr plated.