Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELS vs TMMS vs ???

Bumping
As I’m getting ready to setup my son’s belt for 3Gun, I’m much interested in feedback about this topic.
I currently use TeK-Lock, which allows me to add remove, but requires to remove belt, which is a PITA.
So I’m too considering TMMS vs ELS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have TMMS and ELS. I prefer the smaller size of the ELS. The tab in the TMMS can jab into your leg/waist/junk depending on if the tab is up/ down when in goofy shooting positions. But if you already have tek locks, it would be cheaper to buy TMMS. That’s what I did until I switched everything over to ELS. 

I have TMMS and ELS. I prefer the smaller size of the ELS. The tab in the TMMS can jab into your leg/waist/junk depending on if the tab is up/ down when in goofy shooting positions. But if you already have tek locks, it would be cheaper to buy TMMS. That’s what I did until I switched everything over to ELS. 
Can't els also mount to tekloks though?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I started with Teklok, then switched to TMMS on Teklok, but finally moved to ELS about a year ago and don't see going back. At first, I liked the teklok so I could move things around on the belt, but now that I've been shooting multigun for several years, I have everything pretty much set where I want it. ELS seems stronger than TMMS since it is directly attached to the belt. ELS belts also allow you to use the Carbon Arms ratchet belt system, which most of the people I shoot with run, and I love mine.

I also find ELS much easier to deal with, but that may just be personal preference. I felt like TMMS was always tricky to actually remove from the belt and leave the Teklok in place. ELS just works better for me. 

I started with Teklok, then switched to TMMS on Teklok, but finally moved to ELS about a year ago and don't see going back. At first, I liked the teklok so I could move things around on the belt, but now that I've been shooting multigun for several years, I have everything pretty much set where I want it. ELS seems stronger than TMMS since it is directly attached to the belt. ELS belts also allow you to use the Carbon Arms ratchet belt system, which most of the people I shoot with run, and I love mine.

I also find ELS much easier to deal with, but that may just be personal preference. I felt like TMMS was always tricky to actually remove from the belt and leave the Teklok in place. ELS just works better for me. 
Couldn't you mount tmms directly to the belt?

35 minutes ago, RAINY0DAYS said:

Couldn't you mount tmms directly to the belt?

Yes, you could, but you would be drilling holes in your belt. With ELS, the holes come from the factory. 

Once I save up a few bucks I'm going to get the Binary Engineering ELS bases and then add the ELS forks to all my gear. It looks like the sleekest and strongest option to have the ELS system and still be able to slide things around on the belt a bit