Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RX Slide vs X Carry Slide

ICEMAN550

I am carrying a Sig P320 X Carry frame with standard slide on duty. I would like to get back into USPSA in Carry optics. The RX slide is available for $299 and comes with Romeo red dot and suppressor sights. The X Carry slide would cost more and looks like I would lose the rear sight. Is one set up preferable for carry optics? Also I picked up an X Compact grip module and was thinking about carrying with the compact grip with a red dot. Anyone have any experience on the Romeo dot quality. If I pick up the X Carry slide I can get a delta point which seems to be a better dot for competition/carry. Thanks for any advice. I am just looking at options and would prefer to get a set up that can be used for carry optics and reliable enough for carry. At this point I can’t carry a red dot on duty. 

I’ve used a romeo1 on a duty pistol in 40 cal for over a year. Actually two of us had slides cut at same time and are using same setup. They have been fine.

I’ve used DPP’s on several open guns without issue but haven’t used one on slide mount yet.

Either one should work for what you are trying to do.

In my opinion the dot on the romeo1 (6moa only) is much brighter than the DPP. And of the options on the DPP the 2.5moa is much brighter than the 7.5moa triangle. It all comes down to preference.

If you shoot enough you will eventually kill any red dot. But both of these types work pretty well. I’ve heard Leupold has done some changing on the DPP to make the hold up better, but that is all just rumor. Both companies seem to back their optics well if you have an issue.

I had to build up a 320 since little options are available in 40 and current department requires it. So I have an X5 grip module on full size 320 with slide Miller for an optic and suppressor sights added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be careful with compatibly... The Romeo 1 pro = Delta point pro footprint, the standard / old Romeo 1 is slightly different and not interchangable

The 6 MOA Romeo 1 is good for USPSA

Since you are spending money, why not get the x five legion or at least the legion grip module ? 

5 hours ago, DesertTortoise said:

Just be careful with compatibly... The Romeo 1 pro = Delta point pro footprint, the standard / old Romeo 1 is slightly different and not interchangable

The 6 MOA Romeo 1 is good for USPSA

Since you are spending money, why not get the x five legion or at least the legion grip module ? 

The legion grip module isn’t authorized. We can have the X Carry grip with either the compact/xcarry slide or full sized slide. We can also have the sub compact P320. I purchased my own, but still limited to what we can use for duty. Also we can only carry 9mm. Our previous issues firearm was the Sig p229R DAK 40. We are also allowed to carry Glock 9mm in gen 3 or 4. I trade turned in my P229 a few years ago and carried my own Glock 17/Glock 26. Now I have the P320 with the P365 combination. 

I may eventually buy an X5 or the X5 Legion, but still getting used to the P320s. I spent a lot of time and ammo getting as proficient as I could with Glock, but I do feel like the Sig P320s are a little more accurate especially in stock condition. 

I will I’ll probably pick up the RX slide. I don’t like the idea of losing my rear sight with the X Carry slide. I don’t know why they wouldn’t have suppressor sights that work with the Romeo 1 as in the RX slide. 

4 hours ago, ICEMAN550 said:

The legion grip module isn’t authorized. We can have the X Carry grip with either the compact/xcarry slide or full sized slide. We can also have the sub compact P320. I purchased my own, but still limited to what we can use for duty. Also we can only carry 9mm. Our previous issues firearm was the Sig p229R DAK 40. We are also allowed to carry Glock 9mm in gen 3 or 4. I trade turned in my P229 a few years ago and carried my own Glock 17/Glock 26. Now I have the P320 with the P365 combination. 

I may eventually buy an X5 or the X5 Legion, but still getting used to the P320s. I spent a lot of time and ammo getting as proficient as I could with Glock, but I do feel like the Sig P320s are a little more accurate especially in stock condition.  

I will I’ll probably pick up the RX slide. I don’t like the idea of losing my rear sight with the X Carry slide. I don’t know why they wouldn’t have suppressor sights that work with the Romeo 1 as in the RX slide.  

The Romeo 1 has small notch designed to be used as a sight if the dot goes down.  Not great but works if you add a .250 height front sight.