Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine for Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited

Htreat

Anyone know where I can buy 17rd magazines for 9mm Witness Elite Limited? Tried numerous places online (always sold out), and tried to order from the shop where I purchased the pistol, and they can't get them either.  Trying to buy 3.

The mags themselves are in stock at a few places but yeah, the magwell specific baseplates seem to be out of stock everywhere.  How about aftermarket baseplates like Henning or PD?

17 round 9mm magazine the mags are easy then you just need to choose what base pad you want. for limited I have had very good Luck with the Taylor Freelance ones or the Henning ones

The factory flat ones that are for the mag well guns are not very popular with competition shooters as they do not add much capacity (I get 1 additional round over the plastic 17 round base that comes on the mag. 

Edited by MikeBurgess
spelling

12 hours ago, Htreat said:

Will the Henning HS-T0923 work in the Witness Elite Limited? I've heard that some magazines that work in the Witness, do not work in the Witness Elite Limited

Yes, it's designed for Tanfo' magwell guns.  I've been using that combination for years in USPSA competition.  

The magazine issue has to do with the "regular" factory magazine's long plate at the front of the magazine.  That long plate is just there to match the grip bottom of a non-magwell gun for a "flush fit."  The front of that long plate interferes with the magwell.

Any of the aftermarket baseplates that do not have that long front lip should work with magwells just fine.