Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Combat Master?

Stafford

Just saw the Taran Tactical video where he shoots the Combat Mater. He described it as an out of the box ready to go pistol. He also shot regular 9mm and Major back to back. 

Is this pistol really ready to go out of the box? Or have many been sold that anyone would know?

Even if it is ready to go out of the box, it is a 9mm which will score minor in Limited (can't shoot 9mm major in Limited). I had looked at STI site as some people had said there was a .40 S&W version, but there is not.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It’s 9mm. It only legally fits into Limited division.

This makes it non-relevant in USPSA.

3-gun pistol only.

more than a few folks primarily shoot 3 gun, then use their 9mm limited guns in uspsa for fun/practice.  would also be fine/fun in 2 gun, falling steel, steel challenge, etc.

I'm sure it's a nice pistol, is well built, and shoots great. That being said, it ain't 4k nice, and your in custom territory at that price range. If you're talking STIs, I can't see this pistol as being a thousand bucks better than a DVC 3 Gun unless you really want to grow your hair out a little and wear a black suit to your next match :)

You can pull a CK or an Atlas off the shelf for that price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Definitely GTG out of the box. With the Extreme Engineering Internals, the trigger on mine is right at 2lbs.  Slide milling is custom level IMO. I don’t think the fitting of the parts is custom level but I do feel it is far more than an “off the shelf” or “production” pistol.  As stated by others, I see it as primarily a 3 Gun pistol unless you want to shoot Limited/Minor.

I considered the DVC 3 as well as full custom, however, I find that it’s not a bad value when you factor in what you’re actually getting. It comes with 4 magazines with TTI base pads. This alone is about a $400 value. It has a 5.4” extended slide/barrel, full length dust cover w/butlers cut and tri-cut top on the slide ($400 upgrade on custom guns).  There’s a lot more milling on the slide compared to the rest of the STI line and I particularly like polished and matte two tone black DLC finish.

Great for 3gun if you want to spend that type of money! Bad choice for USPSA, like others have stated! If I were to spend that type of money I would invest in something like a cheaper STI and make it my own!