Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lowest profile ambi safety?

MJinPA

I need to fit a new safety for an sti edge and want the lowest profile for the right side. Currently have an egw. I cut the right side off because I would occasionally engage it while reloading. It looks a little goofy but they also look goofy without an ambi safety. Akai guns seem to be very low profile on the right side. Anyone sell these or are they being shaped with a dremel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to fit a new safety for an sti edge and want the lowest profile for the right side. Currently have an egw. I cut the right side off because I would occasionally engage it while reloading. It looks a little goofy but they also look goofy without an ambi safety. Akai guns seem to be very low profile on the right side. Anyone sell these or are they being shaped with a dremel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atlas has some of the best ambi out there right now. Stays away from right hand knuckle and left side safety is a higher angle to allow left hand top really get up highed9b47cb0e0d406574b62b5eb0a4e4de.jpg27f545da782699d8726dd0d4b2c12b4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Atlas has some of the best ambi out there right now. Stays away from right hand knuckle and left side safety is a higher angle to allow left hand top really get up highed9b47cb0e0d406574b62b5eb0a4e4de.jpg27f545da782699d8726dd0d4b2c12b4b.jpg

That SN sure looks familiar :) AJ's old gun? I'll have to check it out at the next local. Ameet, right? This is Mike McKerns...Doesn't look like Atlas sells their safety's on their website.

My akai is definitely not a stock shape.  They shape them.

The lowest profile ones I have found are the stock STI safeties that came on my old Trojan.  Why not just fit a single side EGW and be done with it?

Edited by tha1000

2 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

My akai is definitely not a stock shape.  They shape them.

The lowest profile ones I have found are the stock STI safeties that came on my old Trojan.  Why not just fit a single side EGW and be done with it?

I have a fitted single sided as a spare but they just look odd on a 2011 frame. My current hack job functions fine but it's a hack job with smoothed edges. And, we all know that looks matter in the gun games!

2 minutes ago, MJinPA said:

I have a fitted single sided as a spare but they just look odd on a 2011 frame. My current hack job functions fine but it's a hack job with smoothed edges. And, we all know that looks matter in the gun games!

true that.  I would think that any "carry" ambi would be low profile enough.  Pretty sure the safety on my akai was a wilson high ride to begin with.

That SN sure looks familiar [emoji4] AJ's old gun? I'll have to check it out at the next local. Ameet, right? This is Mike McKerns...Doesn't look like Atlas sells their safety's on their website.
Hey Mike, yea I bought the Dark Knight this past winter and it's awesome. Pimped it out a little bit52301cb21790ff1e4229fe93336b9a30.jpg