Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nitro Fin in CO

WarBoom

I searched, I read a bunch of threads but haven’t found a clear answer... it seems to be legal in Pro but haven’t found anything on CO

So is a nitro fin legal on a tanfo CO gun?

10 hours ago, WarBoom said:

Had to buy a RHT holster for my new “slide stop”

0b45717b6c6ec827dda82593989d8257.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please show me a picture of your gun in the holster. I don't see how it will fit.

24 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

Can you please show me a picture of your gun in the holster. I don't see how it will fit.

It won’t currently. I just ordered a RHT holster that is made to fit with a Nitro Fin. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, WarBoom said:

They are now
http:// https://nroi.org/miscellaneous/questions-answers-and-rulings/

so its says " A takedown lever that is designed to provide a thumb rest surface is legal under the existing rules and isn’t much different from stippling on the frame in the same general area, which is also legal. "  but how is stippling on a flat surface the same as adding a shelf to put your thumb?  i just want to be clear 

9 minutes ago, Yaboyjosh said:

so its says " A takedown lever that is designed to provide a thumb rest surface is legal under the existing rules and isn’t much different from stippling on the frame in the same general area, which is also legal. "  but how is stippling on a flat surface the same as adding a shelf to put your thumb?  i just want to be clear 

Because Troy said so. Also, you can’t cut the frame into a shelf, but this  slide stop is totally legal. 

Clear as mud? 🥴

6 hours ago, Yaboyjosh said:

ok so i can order a *thumb rest [generic]* for my x5 and still be legal in CO? ok lets give it a try...

If it replaces an original part and does not bolt to the frame itself, then it would be legal. The concept here is "replacement part" as long as it fits in the box still...

ok so i can order a *thumb rest [generic]* for my x5 and still be legal in CO? ok lets give it a try...
Why does everyone assume thumb rests do something that's advantageous? Seems like an excellent device to help steer the sights off target.

50 minutes ago, PatJones said:
14 hours ago, Yaboyjosh said:

Why does everyone assume thumb rests do something that's advantageous? Seems like an excellent device to help steer the sights off target.

If used incorrectly you are correct. 

WarBoom, did you get your holster yet? I would love to see it.

They said it would take a month it’s only been 3 weeks. So I hope I get it soon. When I do I’ll post it here.

• 2 weeks later...
WarBoom, did you get your holster yet? I would love to see it.

Just received it today. It was shipped after exactly 28 days and arrived on the 31st day.

The build quality is very nice. The retention is light but solid. It draws with very little resistance.

It does sit 1/2in or more farther out so I’ll have to trim my spacers to comply with the 2in rule.

My only complaint is the $20 upgrade for the Betsy Ross flag, while it does look good you can’t tell that it is the Betsy flag.

5f78998f77c59eb787534d48ae9d56cd.jpg

fe171c4057e18ba050b2b69f6eef035c.jpg

4b79b0bc41dda774356fe92a8966fa0f.jpg

8772b3634f7d54ee25ab977114799f3a.jpg

The rule is 2 1/8 if that helps.

Yea I know. I try and stay on the safe side just in case. But it measures out to 2 3/8” now whereas it was 1 7/8” before. So I’ll just shortened my spacers by 1/2” and be fine.