Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
inkballedtarget

Glock Tungsten Infused Frame

Recommended Posts

Do any of you know if Glock has development plans to release a Tungsten infused frame? It seems like an argument could be made that the competition market could be be too narrow/niche for something like this. However Sig and Walther seem to think the space is interesting, who knows the general public may like a little heavier Glock also.

 

I am curious what y'all think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking sarcastically NO...

And on that note did we ever see a Dave Sevigny signature Glock in all the years he was with them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Over 20 years ago they came out with a gamer gun, the 34/35.

 

Their tactical / LEO market is so overwhelmingly  massive that they haven’t made any firearm models aimed at the competition market since  then. Do not look for that to change anytime soon.

 

 Now that you have things like the ZEV OZ9 running around approved for Prod and CO... it’s far  more likely that one of the aftermarket companies would produce a metal- or tungsten-framed aftermarket Glock. 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if they did, they'd jack it up and it wouldn't be worth it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say no...Walther did a steel frame, Sig did the infused frame.  Why ride others coat tails?  I love Glock and all my other guns but Glock has and has had past opportunities to do things and have a sort of custom shop and they just arnt that interested it seems.  They still focus more on the military/leo contract type stuff.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see if the X-Five Legion gets used much in the production division. Its base weight without the magwell is almost 16oz over the G34.  That has to do something to soften recoil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sweetback said:

Speaking sarcastically NO...

And on that note did we ever see a Dave Sevigny signature Glock in all the years he was with them?

Unfortunately we did not.. It would have been a 34/35 with a set of Sevigny sights, ready to go out of the box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Even if they did, they'd jack it up and it wouldn't be worth it. 

 

 

Youre probably right. I have not handled the new Gen 5, is it a let down? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the X5 was first shown I even thought it might be the end of Glock in a production pistol....even bought one.  But it isnt and has not been.  Even with the in house super expensive trigger job by GG it is still not a competition slaying pistol that all thought it would be.  I dont think making it heavier is gonna change that very much either.  Sold mine long ago. Still have a GG original 320 FS 9mm that I refuse to send in for the voluntary upgrade.  Still, nothing to write home about.  In the end the gun itself still doesnt make the shooter...its the shooter that makes the gun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cripes were only shooting a 9mm! The extra weight is not that much a factor. We’re not shooting 44 magnums. What little you gain in recoil control is probably lost in transitions. A heavier gun is harder to get moving and stop, probably even harder to draw. It’s all technique. If you have a good shooting platform it’s not going to matter that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, inkballedtarget said:

Youre probably right. I have not handled the new Gen 5, is it a let down? 

I don't think so.  

 

If anything, they finally got one right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The revised Gen5 is the best one yet.  With the magazine cut out removed my G45 has become my favorite pistol yet. I like my Gen5 G34 also just wish it didnt have the cut out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dskinsler83 said:

When the X5 was first shown I even thought it might be the end of Glock in a production pistol....even bought one.  But it isnt and has not been.  Even with the in house super expensive trigger job by GG it is still not a competition slaying pistol that all thought it would be.  I dont think making it heavier is gonna change that very much either.  Sold mine long ago. Still have a GG original 320 FS 9mm that I refuse to send in for the voluntary upgrade.  Still, nothing to write home about.  In the end the gun itself still doesnt make the shooter...its the shooter that makes the gun. 

I thought the same thing, especially with Carry Optics catching on around the same time. I borrowed one and shot it quite a bit and there was something about it, I dont know it felt really tall in the hands. Youre right, as you progress and become a better shooter the margin of how much the gun impacts the score becomes narrower. 

 

5 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I don't think so.  

 

If anything, they finally got one right. 

 

5 hours ago, dskinsler83 said:

The revised Gen5 is the best one yet.  With the magazine cut out removed my G45 has become my favorite pistol yet. I like my Gen5 G34 also just wish it didnt have the cut out. 

I will have to take a look at one at the safety table. I really do like the Gen 4 34, so we shall see. I do wish the magwell on the 34 had a bit more flare. 

 

Yall be good this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, inkballedtarget said:

Youre probably right. I have not handled the new Gen 5, is it a let down? 

 

Gen 5 is the best Gen... but it is still a glock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you'll ever see it, as much as I'd love to see it happen. Maybe ZEV will get there with the OZ-9 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...