Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Tungsten Infused Frame

inkballedtarget

Do any of you know if Glock has development plans to release a Tungsten infused frame? It seems like an argument could be made that the competition market could be be too narrow/niche for something like this. However Sig and Walther seem to think the space is interesting, who knows the general public may like a little heavier Glock also.

I am curious what y'all think. 

Over 20 years ago they came out with a gamer gun, the 34/35.

Their tactical / LEO market is so overwhelmingly  massive that they haven’t made any firearm models aimed at the competition market since  then. Do not look for that to change anytime soon.

Now that you have things like the ZEV OZ9 running around approved for Prod and CO... it’s far  more likely that one of the aftermarket companies would produce a metal- or tungsten-framed aftermarket Glock. 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I say no...Walther did a steel frame, Sig did the infused frame.  Why ride others coat tails?  I love Glock and all my other guns but Glock has and has had past opportunities to do things and have a sort of custom shop and they just arnt that interested it seems.  They still focus more on the military/leo contract type stuff.   

It will be interesting to see if the X-Five Legion gets used much in the production division. Its base weight without the magwell is almost 16oz over the G34.  That has to do something to soften recoil. 

8 hours ago, sweetback said:

Speaking sarcastically NO...

And on that note did we ever see a Dave Sevigny signature Glock in all the years he was with them?

Unfortunately we did not.. It would have been a 34/35 with a set of Sevigny sights, ready to go out of the box. 

When the X5 was first shown I even thought it might be the end of Glock in a production pistol....even bought one.  But it isnt and has not been.  Even with the in house super expensive trigger job by GG it is still not a competition slaying pistol that all thought it would be.  I dont think making it heavier is gonna change that very much either.  Sold mine long ago. Still have a GG original 320 FS 9mm that I refuse to send in for the voluntary upgrade.  Still, nothing to write home about.  In the end the gun itself still doesnt make the shooter...its the shooter that makes the gun. 

Cripes were only shooting a 9mm! The extra weight is not that much a factor. We’re not shooting 44 magnums. What little you gain in recoil control is probably lost in transitions. A heavier gun is harder to get moving and stop, probably even harder to draw. It’s all technique. If you have a good shooting platform it’s not going to matter that much.

7 hours ago, inkballedtarget said:

Youre probably right. I have not handled the new Gen 5, is it a let down? 

I don't think so.  

If anything, they finally got one right. 

13 hours ago, dskinsler83 said:

When the X5 was first shown I even thought it might be the end of Glock in a production pistol....even bought one.  But it isnt and has not been.  Even with the in house super expensive trigger job by GG it is still not a competition slaying pistol that all thought it would be.  I dont think making it heavier is gonna change that very much either.  Sold mine long ago. Still have a GG original 320 FS 9mm that I refuse to send in for the voluntary upgrade.  Still, nothing to write home about.  In the end the gun itself still doesnt make the shooter...its the shooter that makes the gun. 

I thought the same thing, especially with Carry Optics catching on around the same time. I borrowed one and shot it quite a bit and there was something about it, I dont know it felt really tall in the hands. Youre right, as you progress and become a better shooter the margin of how much the gun impacts the score becomes narrower. 

5 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I don't think so.  

If anything, they finally got one right. 

5 hours ago, dskinsler83 said:

The revised Gen5 is the best one yet.  With the magazine cut out removed my G45 has become my favorite pistol yet. I like my Gen5 G34 also just wish it didnt have the cut out. 

I will have to take a look at one at the safety table. I really do like the Gen 4 34, so we shall see. I do wish the magwell on the 34 had a bit more flare. 

Yall be good this weekend!