Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jesseskinner

Problem with gen 2 9mm sti mag

New 126mm Gen 2 mag, factory spring/follow/pad, came new with a new gun. The Mag has repeatedly looked like a Pez dispenser with a stuck follower and loose rounds. Other factory mag does not do this with new gun . Any suggestions?

New 126mm Gen 2 mag, factory spring/follow/pad, came new with a new gun. The Mag has repeatedly looked like a Pez dispenser with a stuck follower and loose rounds. Other factory mag does not do this with new gun . Any suggestions?

See if you can find a friend with Dawson’s STI Mag tune-up kit. My guess is the magazine body is a little out of spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, JMike said:

See if you can find a friend with Dawson’s STI Mag tune-up kit. My guess is the magazine body is a little out of spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t work on gen 2 mags

Check out Atlas Gunworks' mag tuning videos, specifically the one tuning the mag body dimension. 

I had that with one of my 126mm mags, called STI and they send me a new one with a label to return the bad one. 

When STI released the Gen2 mags they had a follower issue, you may have an early mag. STI’s warranty dept it great, give them a call, they will diagnose and fix whatever problem it is