Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Twig-induced ND? You be the judge.

RickT

Not my screw up, but 5-6 feet from where I sat a Steel Challenge competitor had an ND while reholstering prior to his first string.  I think if he had been in his shooting stance he would have hit his calf or foot.  Fortunately, he was not yet set and the round couldn't have missed his foot by more than 1".  His diagnosis: twig in the holster.  I don't know how this can happen since we all do a few draws/reholsters at the safe table, but anything is possible.  FWIW, it was a Glock.  Nothing says "belt and suspenders" approach like my thumb on the hammer of my HK EDC while resholstering.  Not so my competition 1911, but I do have a safety and I resholster with my thumb under the safety.  

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

obviously the shooter is lying, but i know I am pretty darned careful with my xdm CO gun when holstering loaded. It's easy to be complacent shooting DA or SA guns, but switching to a striker-fired gun for a few months has caused me to slow my roll and increase my attention.

3 hours ago, konkapot said:

I'd like to see this twig. I bet it had a fingernail and knuckles.

🤣🤣🤣

that's good stuff right there.

without being there its impossible to tell what really happened. but I seriously doubt that a twig fired the gun.