Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any evidence of Hiperfire Hipertouch triggers damaging receivers?

From what I understand the Hipertouch trigger design puts a significant amount more energy on to the hammer pin than a traditional design, especially with the heaviest toggle springs. Since Hiperfire advises against anti rotational pins,and stock pins do rotate,has anyone experienced elongated/ widened hammer pin holes in their receiver after extensive use with a Hipertouch?

I have many thousands of rounds thru receivers servicing .22LR, 5.56, 9mm & .308 calibers while utilizing Hiperfire trigger groups with no issues or damage of any kind. Always using the heavier springs for the lighter pull. I began using them just after the company was releasing product. My experience ........but also that of several of my very active shooter buds.

8 minutes ago, 2alphas said:

I have many thousands of rounds thru receivers servicing .22LR, 5.56, 9mm & .308 calibers while utilizing Hiperfire trigger groups with no issues or damage of any kind. Always using the heavier springs for the lighter pull. I began using them just after the company was releasing product. My experience ........but also that of several of my very active shooter buds.

That is good to hear,thanks for the response.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

If you do a little digging around on the net you'll see that pin hole damage to 9mm AR lowers was a thing way before HF triggers. Its the bolt speed whacking the hammer that in turn translates to extra force on the pins. 

Yes,good point. I didn't know if the additional force added by the Hipertouch system moving the hammer forward would also contribute to the enlarging hammer pin hole condition.

If this is a concern I guess that's one benefit of having an  enclosed housing trigger system such as a Timney since the factory pins are there to keep the unit in place and the hammer rotates on it's on hollowed pin.