Do glocks ejection pattern beat up RDS?

Sandbagger123

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a gen 4 g17.  thinking of having it milled for a rmr / sro (supposedly the same base pattern).  any idea if milled vs MOS affects brass hitting the optic/optic frame?  and/or if getting it milled further back (ie so the rear sight dovetail is milled away) would help more?

I shortened the COAL by ~ 0.015" to 1.115", shot two mags with no DPP impacts o_O Maybe that was the fix, or I needed to run another mag.
I also ran 2 mags with 5.2g of CFE, still no DPP impacts, avg bullet speed 1140 fps. The CCI primers are flattening out at 5,2g.
Per suggestion I then replaced the extractor spring as well. Extractor claw clearance is 0.050" to 0.069", mine's measuring 0.060" GTG.
I'll report back after a few hundred rounds have been through it.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Any updates on this? Anyone try Suarez or Apex extractors on a Gen 3 34 with the different ejectors? Winter is the time to try different stuff!

From a tip I received on another forum, "it was time to replace the extractor spring when the brass starts hitting me in the head".

I replaced the $3 extractor spring, now the 124g rounds with 5.0g and 5.2g of Pistol CFE are now piling the brass up at 3 o'clock.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2019 at 1:10 AM, orangeride said:

Gen4 34mos 13lbs spring. 147 moly at 900fps. Very tight grip. DPP lots of issues with empty’s hitting glass. Like every 5 shots. Installed gen5 ejector and extractor. Runs perfect now. 

It looks like you nailed it, and I somehow missed your post. The # on the Gen5 ejector is a 47021

I found this vid as well.

Below are the Gen3-5 ejectors

image.png.353600edc1275c162539285da00a0067.png

Edited by Pink_Vapor
error