Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sandbagger123

Do glocks ejection pattern beat up RDS?

Same with my Gen4 G17, brass is hitting my Vortex Razor.  Not too bad, but its definitely hitting the edge of the optic

Both my dpp’s on My g5 17’s show wear on the casing. I don’t notice it behind the gun, but it’s absolutely happening. 

I have a gen4 34 mos with rts2, brass is hitting the sight. I heard about the new gen 5 extractor part #GLSP47208 so I ordered one to try

they are only 10.00  Found them at Glock parts or ghost 

Does the Gen 5 extractor work on a Gen 3 G17 or G19? Completely interchangeable?

No but all you have to do is pull the extractor out of the housing and install in the other housing

On 9/14/2019 at 12:31 PM, sauza45 said:

No but all you have to do is pull the extractor out of the housing and install in the other housing

Can you just drop the entire housing with the new ejector into a Gen 3? Does the Gen5 housing work in a Gen 3?

Edited by Silverscooby27

2 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Can you just drop the entire housing with the new ejector into a Gen 3? Does the Gen5 housing work in a Gen 3?

No, unless you change the trigger bar, the trigger springs are different. 

4 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

I think you guys are talking about the ejector, not the extractor?

There are a couple different gen5 ejectors. The supposedly good one you want is the 19x ejector, as mentioned earlier in this thread (see my comments above).

Assuming you mean ejector - you do have to buy the ejector with the gen 5 housing, but you just pull the steel ejector out of the plastic housing and press it into your gen 3 or 4 housing by hand. It's as easy as installing a connector, no drama. 

10 hours ago, Yondering said:

I think you guys are talking about the ejector, not the extractor?

There are a couple different gen5 ejectors. The supposedly good one you want is the 19x ejector, as mentioned earlier in this thread (see my comments above).

Assuming you mean ejector - you do have to buy the ejector with the gen 5 housing, but you just pull the steel ejector out of the plastic housing and press it into your gen 3 or 4 housing by hand. It's as easy as installing a connector, no drama. 

Thanks for this. I just purchased a gen 5 ejector and a gen 5 extractor for my gen 4 34. I noticed the gen 5 housing has an internal spring, which would not be compatible with a gen 4 trigger bar. I did not even think to loom at removing the gen 5 ejector from the housing. 

Any tips on the extractor? I tried installing it into my gen 4 slide, but the safety plunger was sticking. 

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Sorry I was talking about the ejector, not the extractor. I have not tried to install the gen 5 extractor.

4 hours ago, inkballedtarget said:

Thanks for this. I just purchased a gen 5 ejector and a gen 5 extractor for my gen 4 34. I noticed the gen 5 housing has an internal spring, which would not be compatible with a gen 4 trigger bar. I did not even think to loom at removing the gen 5 ejector from the housing. 

Any tips on the extractor? I tried installing it into my gen 4 slide, but the safety plunger was sticking. 

Thanks! 

I'm not sure on the extractor, or if there's any reason to install it. I thought they were the same part as used on a gen 4. 

6 minutes ago, Yondering said:

I'm not sure on the extractor, or if there's any reason to install it. I thought they were the same part as used on a gen 4. 

Not sure. I thought I would try it. The stock "gen 4" extractor went back in. 

Interesting thread - given that my Gen 4 MOS has very quickly beat up my SRO. I've put less than 1,000 rounds through it, but already the leading edges of the SRO are showing a lot of finish erosion. Guess I can give the apex extractor a try.

I exchanged the 336 ejector for the 30274 ejector, and the gun runs 100%, took about 5 minutes to change, no brass impacting a vortex viper on a milled slide.

19 hours ago, tbarker13 said:

Interesting thread - given that my Gen 4 MOS has very quickly beat up my SRO. I've put less than 1,000 rounds through it, but already the leading edges of the SRO are showing a lot of finish erosion. Guess I can give the apex extractor a try.

My Gen 4 34 done the same thing unless I ran at least 140PF. The Gen 5 ejector did help some. 
 Now I use a Gen 5 17 MOS at 133 PF and have no brass hitting my DPP. 

9 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

I exchanged the 336 ejector for the 30274 ejector, and the gun runs 100%, took about 5 minutes to change, no brass impacting a vortex viper on a milled slide.

The 30274 is what came on my gen 4 34 and still had ejection issues. I purchased an apex to try, they recommend to use the 30274 with their extractor.

2 hours ago, BASE772 said:

My Gen 4 34 done the same thing unless I ran at least 140PF. The Gen 5 ejector did help some. 
 Now I use a Gen 5 17 MOS at 133 PF and have no brass hitting my DPP. 

Interesting David.  I really don't want to increase the PF on this thing. Really like the way it's running right now. May just have to put up with a little cosmetic damage to the optic.

This thread is exactly what I was looking for! My DPP on a Gen4 G34 is getting hammered after only a few hundred rounds. I'm shooting; RMR 124g TC bullets, CCI 500 primers and 5.0g CFE pistol powder. Is the ejector 30274 the consensus fix?

I purchased the gun used, so I'm not sure of the springs, how can I tell?

IMG_0037.thumb.jpg.9054a362e770658fb42a648cd9fba10c.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg.ef8fab83976234a9fb3cf3bb6b22590b.jpg

The extractor reviews on Brownells weren't encouraging. I'm a bit confruzed on the Gen5 extractor link posted above gen 5 extractor , it goes to an Extractor Depressor Plunger /Spring image.png.94e53018c3c75bfe5a815c8d8091f403.png

Thanks!

This problem is solved by a frame mounted red dot since those sit forward of the ejection port.

Is frame mounted optic allowed for carry optics?