Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
kmaultsby

Need Mag pouch recommendations for USPSA Production \ Limted

As the title reads looking for recommendations for a new production \ limited.  This is what I have now.  I am using a CR Speed belt with CR Versa Mag pouchs for my Springfield XD and XDM.  This was my first rig.  I want to setup my second rig for my Glock 34 and maybe future Glock 35.  Just like my XD setup I will use one rig for both Production and Limited.  I was also looking at the idea of trying bullets out mag pouches which would remove the Versa pouch mags.

1. What do you think  \ or feel about the Versa pouches?  Like dislike.

2. What would be a good  option?

3. What are using? Like, dislike.

4. If you are  using bullets out why you like better then bullets forward?

Ghost 360.

They come with both bullets forward and bullets out.

Adjustable for different mags via grub screw & different leaf springs.

Cant is adjustable.

Affordable.

Second the Ghost 360 option, you can play around with different configurations and not be "stuck" with something you find you don't like.  Yes they may crack a bit more than other brands but you can also buy just the replacement pouch in the orientation of your preference from several places.  

I do like bullets out for Production/Carry Optics with the Ghost pouches because they take up less real estate on my belt.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, kmaultsby said:

What about the Double Alpha Racers?

Awesome and highly recommended. Smooth draw and great retention 

Edited by goshimu

On 7/14/2019 at 9:32 PM, BJB said:

Ghost 360.

They come with both bullets forward and bullets out.

Adjustable for different mags via grub screw & different leaf springs.

Cant is adjustable.

Affordable.

Hard to go wrong with these - particularly considering the price.

I had the ghost's and found I didn't quite like them as much as I thought I would over time, ended up buying the racers and have zero complaints.

That being said, I have four used ghost pouches for sale lol

i have 5 belts . one for pro/limited/open/ss/ CO.   all of them have different pouches.  i have racemaster/ racer/ safariland/ ghost/ Bladetech.   in my opinion the best are the Racer pouches.   they work just as well as the racemaster but less expensive and won't get all scratched up like the RM.   the ghost are ok and are easier to switch between glock mags and mags like Cz by turning in and out the screws.    the thing i don't like on ghost is the belt attachment.  way too bulky .  

I used to use Ghost until the retention got sloppy in them and all my mags fell out while running through a stage. I use DAA exclusively now. the SS ones, the plastic racers for production and the aluminum racers for limited. The Aluminum mag pouches are top notch and a little more expensive. 

Bullets out or forward is personal preference. I used to go bullets out in production but didn't like it for SS so I went back to bullets forward for everything.

I recently switched over to DAA Alpha-X pouches and after using them I wish I had made the switch long ago. The shear amount of adjustability and being able to get the pouches in the perfect position makes the price worth it in my opinion. I used them for the first time yesterday in a match and it was the first time I can remember were I didn’t fumble any reloads.