Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf SS P320 Extractor

Doublehelix

First I’ve seen of them. They look nice but in approximately 200 billion rounds through my 320X5 I’ve never had an extraction issue. Next time I take it apart for a deep cleaning I’ll see if my stock extractor is worn, may try one of these as a replacement if so. 

17 hours ago, dave33 said:

First I’ve seen of them. They look nice but in approximately 200 billion rounds through my 320X5 I’ve never had an extraction issue. Next time I take it apart for a deep cleaning I’ll see if my stock extractor is worn, may try one of these as a replacement if so.  

Ya but how shiny is it?

12 hours ago, be032 said:

Maybe they're looking to fix the brass hitting the optic issue? 

I have the OEM extractor in my 320 RX and in the 500 rounds I have thru it (Im relatively new to the gun) no brass has hit my optic at all and I modified the slide cut put the RTS2 which increases the probability. I was prepared for it considering I have an M&P that sends brass into the optic regularly with both the OEM and Apex extractor.  Im curious, was this a known problem on the 320? if it was a problem maybe they fixed it, or I got lucky.

Many people have complained about brass hitting their optics.  My take on it is the 320X5 comes pretty heavily sprung from the factory, combine that with weak reloads or non stout bulk 115gr factory ammo and I can see where the brass hitting the optic could be a concern.  I run an aftermarket guide rod and 12lb spring in my x5 and don't have a problem with brass hitting my Romeo 1.  

The first time I ever shot my x5 I was using my typical competition reloads, about 130PF, and the brass didn't exactly fly out.  Didn't have the optic on it at that time but can see where I may have gotten some impacts on it with that setup.  

On 7/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, dave33 said:

Many people have complained about brass hitting their optics.  My take on it is the 320X5 comes pretty heavily sprung from the factory, combine that with weak reloads or non stout bulk 115gr factory ammo and I can see where the brass hitting the optic could be a concern.  I run an aftermarket guide rod and 12lb spring in my x5 and don't have a problem with brass hitting my Romeo 1.  

The first time I ever shot my x5 I was using my typical competition reloads, about 130PF, and the brass didn't exactly fly out.  Didn't have the optic on it at that time but can see where I may have gotten some impacts on it with that setup.  

I agree with you, all pistols and even revolvers these days come over sprung. Thats why I had ordered a fat guide rod w/15lb spring for easy spring changes before I had the gun in hand. I never actually fired the gun with the stock spring/guide rod in it. Totally forgot about that. I've since settled on the feel of the 13lb with vigorous ejection.  

Gray Guns also makes a Fat Guide Rod in black and natural stainless for many different SIG pistols, both P320 and P22X Classic Series hammer fired.  The P320 XFive Fat Guide Rod is made to accept 1911 recoil Springs and comes with a 15 lb recoil spring in the box (actually, it is a Ziploc bag),

1) Lone Wolf advertises their steel extractor as tough enough to handle dropping the slide on a chambered round, whereas powdered metal/MIM extractors are brittle and doing that will cause the claw to break. They make them for other brands of pistols, also. 

2) Gray Guns makes a Fat Guide Rod (big fat steel) in black and natural stainless for many different SIG pistols, both P320 and P22X Classic Series hammer fired.  The P320 XFive Fat Guide Rod is made to accept 1911 recoil Springs and comes with a 15 lb recoil spring in the box (actually, it is a Ziploc bag),

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...