Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI TruBor is it still good

Drdoom910

I just recently bought a STI true bore  that runs 100%  With 7 mags and a few thousand Montana gold ammo at 170pf in 9mm major it shoots amazing and has a life time Warranty just wondering if is this a gun for life or should I eventually sell it to get a DVC 

If it runs 100% and you like it, keep it.  From my experience, you'll take several months to get an off the shelf DVC to run 100%.  After you've shot it for a season or two you will have determined what you like and don't.  Then it's time for a custom gun.

2 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Then it will crack. 😅

We'll see.  I just built two custom guns with Trubore blanks with custom comp cuts.  The first is 4500 in with no issues.  In the next two seasons I'll have 25000-30000 through, so we will see.  I've never had a barrel fail and I shoot a LOT, but there is always a first time.

4 minutes ago, zzt said:

We'll see.  I just built two custom guns with Trubore blanks with custom comp cuts.  The first is 4500 in with no issues.  In the next two seasons I'll have 25000-30000 through, so we will see.  I've never had a barrel fail and I shoot a LOT, but there is always a first time.

I was referring to the DVC. 

11 hours ago, Drdoom910 said:

Hi-power jack where did you get your slide Racker from I was told that I need a skinny one so it stays away from the  breach 

Any decent gunsmith can install a racker - I got mine from David Pruitt.

BTW, I'm right handed, so my racker is on the left side of the gun, far away from the breach.

If your Trubor runs, I would shoot it for a season or two. Once you are in need of a back-up or want a different configuration - you will have a good idea of what your ideal gun looks like. Having owned a DVC, the real differences compared to a Trubor are mostly cosmetic. 

As others have stated, the Brazos Zig Racker is awesome. While detents can be added to any racker (so as to avoid using a set screw) it's nice to have them from the get-go. Venom Customs installed my rackers, very pleased with Don's work.

1164623100_Zigrackers.thumb.JPG.b861e6c7fa70514c9e48e56acb52215e.JPG

My girlfriend shoots a Trubor and we share another one for a backup. They have both been great, her’s Has over 20k on it now with nothing but cleanings and new springs. Had Brazos zig rackers installed on both by Gary Natale at Gans Guns. He did a great job and the turnaround time was incredible. Mailed them off on a Monday and had them back on Friday.