Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
SouthPhillyKnight

Benelli M2 Loading Port Mod

Does having the loading port professional modified hurt the resale value of a shotgun? 

I have grown up shooting but have never competed. I recently inherited a Benelli M2 and was thinking about giving 3-Gun a try. If it turns out 3-Gun isn’t my thing I will most likely look to sell/trade the M2 to acquire another firearm. So back to my question, if I have the port professional opened up by an experienced gunsmith, would it hurt its value?

Depends on if the buyer is a 3 gunner themselves and see the value of a shotgun that is already opened up. Saves them the hassle.

If you are new to trying the 3-gun game, I would just leave the gun as is until you run a few matches and see if you like them.

You can load two now and get the port opened up and quad load later with the right caddies. I ran my first 6 or 8 matches with my

Vang Comp 1100. I was way slower than most everyone but learned the game and then decided to invest in a more tricked out gun.

Thanks for the input. I have already implemented a few of the non-invasive mods such as a larger safety, an extended lifter, larger bolt release button, and extended mag tube. I will give it a shot and go from there.  

I'm a member at Lower Providence in Oaks so if you want to see port options let me know and we can meet up there.  Currently, I'm shooting a TTI M2.

BTW,  there's a couple of 3gun matches coming up.  This weekend in Quinton NJ (good beginner match) and Ontelaunee, PA next Sunday.  Check Practiscore.