Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taking Timney trigger out of MPX Gen3... Now what to do with it?

So the initial impressions with the MPX gen 3 competition I just received is pretty much WoW! Starting to put some goodies on it and getting it ready for matches and I am seeing that although the Timney has a crisp break it has settled in at about 4 lbs 9 oz. Not bad but because of the low recoil I can see where a 2.5 lb trigger ( read Hiperfire 24 C) would be a plus. Other than seeing if an MPX owner with a stock trigger would be interested in it has anyone successfully used it in a standard AR platform rifle?

5 hours ago, Rolex said:

Go with the Hiperfire Eclipse- much better with the MPX 

Yeah. I have a Hipertouch 24 3Gun that is not being used I'm going to install in the MPX. I believe the same as a 24c just essentially with a curved trigger

35 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

My MPX will arrive in 2 weeks. Question; the Hiperfire Eclipse i tested, it is great! BUT, will it last? In gen 2 hyperfire triggers broke after 10k rounds or so...

regards

The G2 I sold to my friend has the 24c in the MPX for 13 months- no idea of round count still works fine.

The Eclipse is the newest version from Hiperfire  for the MPX- you wont regret that trigger at all.

I have a new PCC carbine, only had it for 7 months- Eclipse is fine- another friend has that trigger in his G2 for over a year

now with no issues. 

16 minutes ago, Rolex said:

The G2 I sold to my friend has the 24c in the MPX for 13 months- no idea of round count still works fine.

The Eclipse is the newest version from Hiperfire  for the MPX- you wont regret that trigger at all.

I have a new PCC carbine, only had it for 7 months- Eclipse is fine- another friend has that trigger in his G2 for over a year

now with no issues. 

Thx! Guess I need it :;)

On 7/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, vgdvc said:

Other than seeing if an MPX owner with a stock trigger would be interested in it has anyone successfully used it in a standard AR platform rifle?

I put the Timney in my CK Arms PCC and moved the Hiperfire 24c from that into my MPX.  The MPX is running great, but unfortunately the Timney seems to have a lot of light strikes in the AR9.  Considering that is with pistol primers, I'm guessing it would be even worse in an AR15 with rifle primers, but I haven't looked at it closely yet.  Could just be some geometry on the back of the bolt that doesn't match up well with the hammer...

Edited by fbzero
7 hours ago, fbzero said:

I put the Timney in my CK Arms PCC and moved the Hiperfire 24c from that into my MPX.  The MPX is running great, but unfortunately the Timney seems to have a lot of light strikes in the AR9.  Considering that is with pistol primers, I'm guessing it would be even worse in an AR15 with rifle primers, but I haven't looked at it closely yet.  Could just be some geometry on the back of the bolt that doesn't match up well with the hammer...

Thanks for the input. I may call Timney and ask their opinion of options.