Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
waktasz

2.1.8.5 and 9.9.3

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chuck Anderson said:

 

If it never appeared at all, why would you need to add the penalties?  There wouldn’t be any holes in the target. 

Evidently it was visible somewhere else and was shot before the activator was activated. We shot a stage yesterday, that was very left-handed friendly, that allowed me to shoot before activating a swinger, which I did. I then activated the mover, and shot 2 static targets so as to not incur the above penalties. Appeared and visible are 2 different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I'm surprised that this discussion is still going. I thought 9.3.3 is clear and 9.9.2 says that disappearing targets are subject to 9.9.3."


That's there real takeaway here. Disappearing targets can now incur miss and FTE penalties if they are not activated prior to the last shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, OPENB said:

Evidently it was visible somewhere else and was shot before the activator was activated. We shot a stage yesterday, that was very left-handed friendly, that allowed me to shoot before activating a swinger, which I did. I then activated the mover, and shot 2 static targets so as to not incur the above penalties. Appeared and visible are 2 different things.

I remember doing this at a section match and the stage designer got so mad at me.  It probably didn't help when I told him to not be lazy with his stage construction next time.  What I was getting at with the rule is if the target isn't visible at all, then it will automatically have the penalties.  No reason to put it in the book.  It's clearly oriented towards targets that might be partially visible and is intended to penalize the shooter.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck Anderson said:

I remember doing this at a section match and the stage designer got so mad at me.  It probably didn't help when I told him to not be lazy with his stage construction next time.  What I was getting at with the rule is if the target isn't visible at all, then it will automatically have the penalties.  No reason to put it in the book.  It's clearly oriented towards targets that might be partially visible and is intended to penalize the shooter.  

 

 

Agreed,  I think that was the intent with the new rule wording. But it seems oxymoronic to incur FTSA penalties for a target with 2 holes in it. But, that is what we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck Anderson said:

I remember doing this at a section match and the stage designer got so mad at me. 

 

I have yet to figure out why anyone would get mad when a shooter finds a hole they missed setting up a stage. we are all shooters and are all looking for the best way to shoot the most points per second on the stage we are given, if you cant get past that when you set a stage you probably should not set stages.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

I have yet to figure out why anyone would get mad when a shooter finds a hole they missed setting up a stage. we are all shooters and are all looking for the best way to shoot the most points per second on the stage we are given, if you cant get past that when you set a stage you probably should not set stages.

 

 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you expected." 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I have yet to figure out why anyone would get mad when a shooter finds a hole they missed setting up a stage. we are all shooters and are all looking for the best way to shoot the most points per second on the stage we are given, if you cant get past that when you set a stage you probably should not set stages.

 

 

I don't think he has since then actually.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 2:37 PM, MikeBurgess said:

I have yet to figure out why anyone would get mad when a shooter finds a hole they missed setting up a stage. we are all shooters and are all looking for the best way to shoot the most points per second on the stage we are given, if you cant get past that when you set a stage you probably should not set stages.

 

 

 

On 7/15/2019 at 6:31 PM, Chuck Anderson said:

I don't think he has since then actually.  

 

The only time I've seen it happen was when a guy busted his tail to get everything set up in time, was feeling a bit frustrated with things, and it came across as last minute complaining by someone who never helps set up or tear down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 2:57 PM, broadside72 said:

Not sure why the confusion. If you can see it then shoot it without activating it. Just be sure to activate it before your last shot. Two separate actions\rules.

 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...