Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Triggerbar plunger shape

Tirppa

5SweSMz.png

is this the normal shape? Like those two humps are normal? I thought it is supposed to be a continuous arc. I only used metal polish and soft polishing tip on dremel so I'm pretty sure I didn't manage to do those but can't be sure. Now after changing parts (titan hammer, extreme disco, bolo, pd springs) there is a huge drag at the beginning of the trigger pull as the trigger bar sits in the very front of the plunger and has to clear both of those humps. 

Then again also the bottom of the trigger bar where the plunger sits is super rough (like really deep grooves). Am I just better off buying new trigger bar and plunger?

Edited by Tirppa

Yeah the trigger bar is a mess.. I'm wondering if the xtreme parts would be any better. It's a second hand gun from 2008 and I'm the third owner. The last two did't give it too much TLC.

I did smooth out the plunger rod but I guess there's still some roughness inside the head of the plunger. 

DHoBlWT.png

dtDyGqH.png

Edited by Tirppa

Your trigger bar looks pretty much like mine in a new Stock II a couple months ago, and standard model Witness pistols 10-15 years ago. You'll need to polish that rough grooved area in the center of the bar where the plunger head rides. 

The plunger head should be one continuous arc, not those two bumps. 

Thanks for the replies. Ordered new guide and new bar just for the heck of it. Asked Eric if it wouldn't be too much to check that the trigger bar guide wasn't a total piece of crap.