Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon RMR

Hunter1998

Thinking of starting to shoot Carry Optics with Glock 34.
Please advise me the pros and  cons of the Trijicon RMR 06 type 2 3.5 MOA dot for uspsa 

Spend $50 more and get the SRO. MUCH more glass and field of vision. 2.5moa dot that will allow you to see more target even at distance. uses same mounting plate/pattern

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

On 7/11/2019 at 8:30 PM, Hunter1998 said:

Thinking of starting to shoot Carry Optics with Glock 34.

Please advise me the pros and  cons of the Trijicon RMR 06 type 2 3.5 MOA dot for uspsa 

The RMR has the smallest window, the least crisp dot, a tinted lens instead of crystal clear, and is one of the dimmer options out there.

But it’s really tough. 

It’s up to combat abuse, but it isn’t the best choice for competition use. 

Personally I still go DPP 2.5 because its so proven but if you like to try the latest, greatest go SRO. Be aware, like others say, because its so new there are still a few issues people are working out.  If there are good reports for the next three months or so, I'll be trying the SRO next. JMHO

On 7/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, jayjay1 said:

Is the SRO as bullet proofed as the RMR?

Aaron Cohen/sage dynamics did a review on YouTube you should check out. Proved the new design isn't as durable as the original rmr

Thanks guys, got that point.

Will look for another sport dot then.

😀

Actually there are the DPP, the Vortex Venom and the Shield.

Any other dots to recommend?

Edited by jayjay1

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody said holoson 507 since it has the same foot print as the rmr. I have both and like the holoson a little better. The circle dot helps those that have trouble finding just a dot even though you can select just a dot, circle, or circle and dot reticle. Base is already sealed so no need for a sealing plate like on the rmr. The holoson doesn't seem as bloomy to me with a sharper dot and less edge distortion. Half the price of a trijicon so you may want to keep that as an option.

9 hours ago, Joedirt199 said:

Nobody said holoson 507 since it has the same foot print as the rmr. I have both and like the holoson a little better. The circle dot helps those that have trouble finding just a dot even though you can select just a dot, circle, or circle and dot reticle. Base is already sealed so no need for a sealing plate like on the rmr. The holoson doesn't seem as bloomy to me with a sharper dot and less edge distortion. Half the price of a trijicon so you may want to keep that as an option.

I agree.  I have an RMR and two 507's and I would take a 507 over the RMR even if they cost the same.