Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where do you put your safety flag at LAMR?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always put it in my front pocket. The whole make ready is part of my routine. I do the exact same thing every time. Its like religion to me. I don't ever let the RO take it. If they reach for it I move it away. If they manage to grab it as I am locking the slide back I take it back from them. It maybe neurotic but its my routine. I don't do change. When I RO if the shooter doesn't turn towards me and look at me with the slide back and the flag in I wont touch it. If they do hand it to me I hold it. Im not a dick, but I do have my routine.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, Patrick Scott said:

I put a small carabiner on my flag and have a steel ring on my belt about where a holster would be. 

This.....except I use a zip tie instead of a steel ring.

Edited by assaultthesalt
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Epoxy a bit of steel to it, and stick it to a compact magnet from home depot attached to your belt.

I forget who posted that idea here, but I’m doing it because it’s brilliantly simple.

This.  I hot glued a barrel link to my flag and I stick it to my mag magnet on my belt.

• 4 months later...

Currently using the back pocket but due to this thread, will resurrect the Open gun's magnet.  The plastic chamber insert already has a metal ring attaching the "Remove Before Pew Pew" bright orange flag to it.

My routine at U&SC is to slowly pull the charging handle back so the chambered round falls out the bottom of the magwell into my hand, place that round in the back pocket while pulling out the flag.  With the flag magnetically held on my belt at the hip, should make the whole process much more efficient.  Before the next stage, take the round out of my back pocket and put it in the Barney mag.  Good to Go....

BC