Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy small replacement parts for 650?

I've been reloading for less than a year on a 650. Broke the shell plate return spring last night. I purchased the spare parts kit when I bought the press, but want to replace the spring now that I don't have a spare. 

Did a web search for it and nothing popped up. Is there a place on line where I can order small parts like this or what is the norm?

26 minutes ago, Slalom45 said:

I've been reloading for less than a year on a 650. Broke the shell plate return spring last night. I purchased the spare parts kit when I bought the press, but want to replace the spring now that I don't have a spare. 

Did a web search for it and nothing popped up. Is there a place on line where I can order small parts like this or what is the norm?

Call Dillion they will send you one free 

My thought process when I recently bought my xl650 was to add the parts kit to my order.    

This way I'd have the normal stuff to keep the press running if any of the usual suspects wore out.  My plan was to call Dillon and let them know and have the part used from this kit sent in for replacement.  This way I'm never out of commission.

That's the plan, anyway.  We'll see how it works out when I finally get my stuff set up.  Work schedule has been crazy....able to pick up additional 12 hr shifts on my days off and am taking advantage of it while I can.

I found it a little off putting when Dillon would not send me a replacement for a broken shell plate unless I sent them my broken one first.  Had always had no questions asked service from them before

1 hour ago, BrianATL said:

I found it a little off putting when Dillon would not send me a replacement for a broken shell plate unless I sent them my broken one first.  Had always had no questions asked service from them before

That may be related to problems with the swage things that 3rd parties are selling. They go in place of the primer punch. Dillon probably wanted to see if the plates were broken "up"...

9 hours ago, ChuckS said:

That may be related to problems with the swage things that 3rd parties are selling. They go in place of the primer punch. Dillon probably wanted to see if the plates were broken "up"...

I had a sub plate break, and they wanted it back also.

First thing the guy on the phone asked was if I was using a swager.

I only run 9mm/.40 on my 650

Ive been loading on dillon for a long time and have been waiting for the chance to call for replacement parts. I havent opened the spare parts bag yet on my 550 or 650 so havent had the chance