Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Mojo_Hand_052

Schmeisser 60 Round Magazine

I in no way represent Schmeisser or ATI, but I noticed that their polymer 60 round mag has finally hit the street and I decided to Guinea Pig it myself to see if it's all German hype:

https://www.americantactical.us/6088/detail.html

Ordered today through Fed-Ex and it should arrive next week.  

The other big competitors in the 60 round mag category are of course Surefire and Magpul - with the hat-tip going to Magpul for uncontested reliability.  These magazines typically retail for $120-$129 though can be found on sale or used for less sometimes.  The Schmeisser mag retails for $70, or nearly half the cost of either the Surefire or Magpul 60 round magazines.  

My testing will involve taking 500 rounds of Wolf steelcase ammunition and another 250 rounds of brass and running them through the magazine under different shooting conditions: Prone, on barricades, upside down, and with the magazine itself being used as a barricade stop to see if changes in orientation cause feeding issues.   I don't reload, so I won't be able to provide any feedback on ammunition that is loaded long.  I also have a phone with a camera that doesn't suck, and I'll try to record the different shooting positions so you can see how it runs.  

I plan on utilizing the magazine in multi-gun events in a gilded future where reloading is thing of the past. 

schmeisser-60-duo.jpg

Pretty cost effective if it works well.

I've got one on the way, though I doubt it'll be here in time to put it through the paces this weekend. I'm tired of coupled mags having the top round get shook halfway out and adding an extra step to the reload. I'm too much of a miser for the D60, so I'm hoping this Smiesser works well.