Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TMMS or QLS for Boss Hanger

Blockader

I would like to add a detachable capability to my 3-gun holster, which is a custom unit for Cz TSO on a Boss hanger. 

I like the secure attachment point of the Boss to the belt and don't want to give up too much rigidity in the attachment point between the holster and the Boss. 

So which system is tighter and more rigid, QLS or TMMS? I use ELS for the rest of my belt. 

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone ever searches this topic, I will update. I went with TMMS just because it looked more rigid and was $30. I mounted it between holster and hanger, not hanger and belt. You'd need to drill holes to manage the later, but its not what I was after anyway. It is very rigid but easy enough to remove. It came with an extra female part which I mounted on my cart so I can pull the holstered pistol off my belt and clip it in securely for stages where I don't need it. Tried the rig this weekend at a match and it worked great, its definitely nice to be able to remove holster and pistol without needing to go to safe area or bay, though I understand some games/clubs take a different stance on that. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, Robertwil18 said:

If you've got any photos of your finished work, I'd love to see it.  Im considering the QLS for the BOSS hanger as well.  

Here's the bladetech large TMMS on the BOSS hanger. It is super stable and has worked perfectly for matches about every weekend since I put it on. You can buy the individual components of the BOSS at stoeger pro shop and save a few bucks since the y does not have to be used in this set up. 

After getting the new taccom caddies I switched them to large tmms too as it provided more rigid connection with their added size and weight. 

resize1577112548155.jpg