Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Match in Oahu, Oct 22 to 30th?

Hey all,

I will be traveling to Oahu in October and would love to shoot a match while there. Dates are October 22 to 30th. I believe they host matches at Koko Head Shooting Complex but not sure.

Anyone from Oahu that can give tell me if there are any matches scheduled during my visit?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like none of the Oahu clubs anything listed for those dates. They have a couple of matches in October before those dates tho. 

Edited by HI5-O

2 minutes ago, HI5-O said:

Looks like none of the Oahu clubs anything listed for those dates. They have a couple of matches in October before those dates tho. 

You can come to Maui and shoot with us on the 27th 🤙🏼

Gotta see if I can swing that. Will be with family so I don't want to push it. Don't want to upset the wife but maybe I can fly out to Maui just the for the day. Will have to see what our plans are.

I will probably be back in Oahu in December for a couple of weeks. Not sure the dates yet and don't know if they do matches in December.

We have lots of friends on Oahu and visit a few times a year so eventually the stars will align and I will shoot a match there.

Travelling into Hawaii with firearms sucks.  Best of luck to you on the travels and the match hunt.

Thanks man. Yeah. I read up on it. Guess I have to register my pistols with the police department within 5 days of arriving on the islands. I'm from California so I'm not stranger to BS restrictions on 2A rights.

I don't think I can make the match in Maui but I may travel a little earlier to do the match in Oahu. If not, I will eventually shoot one there. Wife and I travel there about 3-4 times a year. Have lots of friends there.

I've decided to try to shoot matches when I travel somewhere. Within reason of course. Maybe next year I'm gonna try to shoot an IPSC match in the Philippines. Need to see what it takes to get my guns there or borrow a setup. Who knows. It's something I'm gonna try to do.

• 2 weeks later...