Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help!!

I recently went shooting on July 4th with my Uncle. I was instantly hooked into serious shooting, timing steel target shots, shooting drills etc. He has a fully kitted 9mm AR that is absolutely perfect in every way. I picked it up and went 4.20 with 6 targets down, no pick ups. Was ready to get my own. I have been researching a lot, and my buddy had two AR lowers so I bought them because he gave me a good deal. So I am now stuck on what to do next. My uncle has some spare parts, extra triggers, and stuff but nothing for the upper.

I currently own a beautiful Beretta .380 Cheetah that I would part ways with, I don't like how it fits in my hand,  towards parts to finished this stripped Anderson lower. I have done some research on making those work in 9mm, and most were not happy with the results. I Want to stay in 9mm just for reloading purposed and ammo cost.  Are there any 9mm Ar lowers that are out there recommended or up for trade?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

To me it seems first a choice of what magazines you want to use.  Colt style  or Glock.  There are dedicated receivers for each.

I have not used a wide variety of PCC's but CMMG makes each variety.  I lean toward their Mk G, but either seems capable.

And there are numerous others.

I want to use the Glock style mags. Looked at an American Tactical chambered in 9mm today. There is also a Diamondback in town for a decent price. Do not know much on these brands. I also looked at some .223/.556 guns today. Saw an Anderson Manufacturing AR with some extras for a great deal, but want to stay in 9mm if possible. Just need to see whats out there. Unless there is a sure way to build out this Anderson Manufacturing stripped lower I have in 9mm. I have just heard it can be not as smooth or successful as just using a 9mm lower.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Amillx859

• 1 month later...

Amillx,

While you are doing your homework on parts and good deals; acquaint yourself with the "rules of the games". There are many paths to pursue in competitive shooting (assuming that's your interest in posting here) and acquiring some knowledge about the different competitive formats, organizations and requirements might help you in your decision process. Whether you take the path to build up a Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) in 9mm or a .223 carbine might be influenced by how/ where you'll use it. Both platforms can be built relatively cheap these days, but if you intend to be competitive, reliability becomes a big factor in selecting parts and integrating them into a good shooting package. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dalealb said:

I have a tanfoglio witness limited custom extreme, have bullets seated to minimum depth and they still get hung up in barrel. HELP

Dalealb,

What caliber?  Sounds like the Chamber needs to be reamed out to the proper depth.  You can look up gunsmiths that work on Tanfoglio's

and contact one of them or you could send a message to Ben Stoeger who has shot them in Competition for years.......

I recently went shooting on July 4th with my Uncle. I was instantly hooked into serious shooting, timing steel target shots, shooting drills etc. He has a fully kitted 9mm AR that is absolutely perfect in every way. I picked it up and went 4.20 with 6 targets down, no pick ups. Was ready to get my own. I have been researching a lot, and my buddy had two AR lowers so I bought them because he gave me a good deal. So I am now stuck on what to do next. My uncle has some spare parts, extra triggers, and stuff but nothing for the upper.

I currently own a beautiful Beretta .380 Cheetah that I would part ways with, I don't like how it fits in my hand,  towards parts to finished this stripped Anderson lower. I have done some research on making those work in 9mm, and most were not happy with the results. I Want to stay in 9mm just for reloading purposed and ammo cost.  Are there any 9mm Ar lowers that are out there recommended or up for trade?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Unless you really know what you’re doing, building out a 9mm AR with a standard lower will likely cause a lot of frustration trying to get it to run reliably. Either buy a complete rifle from JP, MBX, Sig, or even the Ruger PC9 or build it with a 9 mm lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk