Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex holster for GP100 6"...

Graham

The more I shoot my GP, the more I've been interested in getting into some ICORE style matches.
Nothing serious, but just wanting to get the GP out more.

I thought that Blade Tech was pretty much a standard holster for these games, but couldn't find anything for the 6". (I'm not interested in a leather holster)

I'll be using a Wilderness belt. The holsters that are completely open with the end of the barrel sitting on a plug just don't seem to *look* right to me.
I was wondering if there was a Smith holster that was in fact a good fit.

Any help would be appreciated !

PS What's the deal with brass at these matches - I've heard that you can pick up your own brass... do you mark it or are the games run as 'lost brass' ?

Lost brass matches are generally the larger matches where there is a need to get a greater number of people thru the match. Brassing slows down stage reset. At the local level you usually get all your brass back.

Lost brass or pick up is up to the local custom. The two ICORE matches I attend, you're more than welcome to pick up your brass. If you're shooting Classic and using speed-loaders we often have folks that will pick up for you (along with your speed-loaders) while you follow the RO to score. As @jcc7x7says, if you are using moon-clips, you pick up your brass with the moon-clips (part of the beauty of using them). I joked with the RO's at Area 1 this year about it. It was a lost-brass match and one jokingly asked me to de-moon after my run (with a tongue firmly planted in his cheek).

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Well I checked Safariland and they had nothing. Hmmm.

Hopefully someone else will chime in - I'm sure I've read that a certain Smith holster was a good fit.

The holsters for my 4" GP100 are actually L-Frame holsters - but I've been using leather which might be a little more forgiving (?)

12 hours ago, Graham said:

Well I checked Safariland and they had nothing. Hmmm.

Hopefully someone else will chime in - I'm sure I've read that a certain Smith holster was a good fit.

I have and use one of the competition 02 holsters. I use it with my S&W 686, and my 617 and then switch and use it with my Ruger GP100 10 shot 22 and al three work well in that holster. These are all 6 inch guns.

Edited by mchapman

I have a Blade Tech holster for my 6-inch GP 100. Works just fine. It's probably 8-9 years old, but I can't believe they stopped making them. The 6-inch GP 100 is very popular in ICORE.

Well, this is tougher than I thought !

I'm not a fan of the Safariland holster and Speed Bees isn't answering their phone or email. (And they don't actually list a holster for the 6", they go up to 5")

I called Blade Tech today and was told that they've recently relocated and are streamlining their production to cater to the "tactical" crowd - phasing out revolver holsters.

Beginning to think a want ad would be a good idea !

At least some of the kydex holsters at this German shop are in stock: https://www.sportshooter.de/en/equipment/holsters/for_revolver/

I've bought a few holsters from them, and some Höppner und Schuman plastic speedloader holders. Good stuff.  

They ship to USA, and many other places.

https://www.sportshooter.de/en/lieferbeschraenkungen.php

Edited by perttime

perttime - I think you're on to something - I also have a young German guy working with me right now ! I'll get a translation of the details on Tuesday morning.

Thanks for the lead !

For example this one: https://www.sportshooter.de/en/equipment/holsters/for_revolver/hoeppner_und_schumann_speedsec_4_lowrider_2_0.htm

A lowride version. They have a black one for 6 inch S&W K, L and N frame available for right hand side, in stock now.

S&W K-L-N 6 Zoll, black, righthand
Artikelnummer: HSL2-017

Adjustable angle and draw tension.

Adjustable for up to 55mm belts.

------------------------------------

or https://www.sportshooter.de/en/equipment/holsters/for_revolver/hoeppner_und_schumann_speedsec_4_doh_iii.htm

This one is better translated on the site:

S&W 586/686 6" Barrel, black, righthand
Artikelnummer: HS33112

Belt attachment: Multilock

• suitable for belt widths up to 55 mm
  • Can be easily opened and closed for attachment
  • adjustable in height
  • asjustable angle
  • Contains a plastic webs to adapt to the respective belt width
  • suitable for: CR Speed Super-Hi-Torque Range, CR Speed Ultra Belt, Sickinger Competition Belt, Höppner and Schumann Belt System
  • not suitable for: DAA Premium Belt

I have not tried these but I bet they would work.

11 hours ago, Graham said:

I ordered from Sportshooter - I'll give an update later, just in case it can help anyone else.

Yep, I picked a GP100 off of the table at the MW Regional, getting a 4" vs 6" though, at my request so I can use it in for CC & IDPA also.

12 hours ago, Graham said:

I ordered from Sportshooter - I'll give an update later, just in case it can help anyone else.

I've always got quick response from them. The rest is up to whatever shipping company is used.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:58 AM, Graham said:

perttime - I think you're on to something - I also have a young German guy working with me right now ! I'll get a translation of the details on Tuesday morning.

Thanks for the lead !

Google Translate does a very good job withe German to English.   Give it a try.