Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing worn M&P 9 Pro Trigger Bar

Bench

I'm looking to swap out the trigger bar in my 9 Pro and from Midwest Gun Works there are two trigger bars, one that is designated "Heavy Pull" for M&P 9/40 and one that is just called 'trigger bar for M&P 9'.  The site descriptions don't lend any direction as to the difference in each of these.

Has anyone had any experience with the 'heavy pull' M&P 9/40 one vs the one for the M&P 9?

1 hour ago, mpom said:

There is an "H" marked trigger bar for the gen 1 m&p, supposedly the newest version, perhaps that is what is meant by heavy. Got mine from Brownells

Mark

Thanks, that's a good possibility. I'll give them a call to see if they are up to snuff on what they're selling.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:26 AM, Bench said:

Thanks, that's a good possibility. I'll give them a call to see if they are up to snuff on what they're selling.

Did you get an answer on their trigger bars? 

3 minutes ago, Helios said:

Did you get an answer on their trigger bars? 

Life got in the way, I'll be calling them today...will post with an answer ASAP.

50 minutes ago, Helios said:

Right on. Thanks!

That part number is actually a S&W part number and MGW didn't know if it actually was the H stamped trigger bar and I was told to call S&W...so I did and the rep could only tell me that the product number was for the "heavy pull" bar and it is for the M&P 9 Pro...without too much conviction in his voice. S&W has the bar for $8 and MGW has it for $9. I guess I"ll give it a go with MGW since their web site is easier to use than S&W parts site is.

41 minutes ago, pete627 said:

According to the Shooter Specialties site ... the "H" bar is the Massachusetts compliant trigger bar assembly ... 

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_90_115&products_id=888

They sell the (latest) "S" bar too .. but not as good a price as MGW. 

I took a look at the Massachusetts requirements for trigger and it's a 10# pull weight. That's probably why MGW and S&W call the H bar a "Heavy Pull" just to make it compliant with those laws. It's the "latest" bar but I wonder if it's actually any better than the S bar for those of us not in Mass. Looks like there is going to be some more digging on my part into the S bar.

Edited by Bench

From various M&P forums there doesn't seem to be much differences in the trigger bars other than the H bar having a more positive reset feel...and as someone posted, I'm not interested in reset feel, just moving on to breaking the next shot. I guess I'll just get in line and get the H bar.

• 1 month later...

I found the difference in the S & H trigger bars.  The loop of the H trigger bar is taller and steeper than the angle of the S trigger bar.  That's going off the photos on MGW's website.

Compared to the "S" stamped bars, the "H" stamped trigger bars have a more aggressive loop angle and subtle length changes so that it engages sear sooner. Slightly modified geometry so that it contacts new slide stop for more tactile reset. 

2 hours ago, JeffCSR said:

I found the difference in the S & H trigger bars.  The loop of the H trigger bar is taller and steeper than the angle of the S trigger bar.  That's going off the photos on MGW's website.

Thanks, I'll be running the H bar with a few adjustments and the Apex FFS set up.

I have both one each in my two guns. I can't tell the difference. Both guns have something like a 3.1 lb trigger with Apex parts. H is supposed to provide a more tactile reset, and it might just do that, but I can't tell the difference. 

19 minutes ago, robertg5322 said:

I have both one each in my two guns. I can't tell the difference. Both guns have something like a 3.1 lb trigger with Apex parts. H is supposed to provide a more tactile reset, and it might just do that, but I can't tell the difference. 

Just a bit off topic, to get a 3# trigger pull did you put in the FSS kit and did you fiddle with the loop on the H bar at all?

1 minute ago, Bench said:

Just a bit off topic, to get a 3# trigger pull did you put in the FSS kit and did you fiddle with the loop on the H bar at all?

No fiddling with the loop. I welded the sharktooth firing pin safety actuator thingy to minimize overtravel, but that's it. Stock trigger, stock trigger bar, the Apex parts were in the gun when I bought it. I added a RAM, it made no difference. The H trigger bar made the slightest difference in reset tactility, but not enough to make it worth the $20.00 I spent on the trigger and slide stop (the newest slide stop has a lump on it that's supposed to increase the tactility of the reset, again not a lot but it is noticeable). 

The 3 lb trigger pull is easy with Apex parts, some dudes have done work to get even lower. I have no issues with the 3 lbs, and I didn't want to be fiddling with the gun for a difference I wouldn't notice once the timer went "Beep".

42 minutes ago, robertg5322 said:

I have no issues with the 3 lbs, and I didn't want to be fiddling with the gun for a difference I wouldn't notice once the timer went "Beep".

LOL, yes, the game plan and the trigger pull weight both can go out the window when the beep enters the brain.

17 hours ago, Bench said:

LOL, yes, the game plan and the trigger pull weight both can go out the window when the beep enters the brain.

Game plan, trigger pull weight and any chances I had of winning go out the window once the timer goes "'Beep".