Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Rpope423

Glock +6 pads

So this past weekend at uspsa I had a 24 round count stage shooting 9mm with a +6 pad I “thought” you know 17+6=23...so I topped off and then put big mag thinking I had 24 rounds, welllll I was wrong went to slide lock after 23 shots.. 

im running TTI +6 basepad on factory Glock mag.. why in the world is this mag only holding 22 instead of 23?

Did you count the rounds as you reloaded mag? You should get 23 into mag without any problems. They can be a little hard to seat when inserting into gun, wouldn’t reload to 23 but definitely able to start 23+1. 

I’ve tried forcing 23 but it won’t happen stops at 22 after I realized I didn’t have 23 in it after that stage 

In my experience that 23rd round is very tight, so you could get to 22 and think you’re full but if you really compress the rounds in the mag you can squeeze the last one in. I also go with 23 for my first mag but stay with 22 for reloads. 

Try a different mag tube. I've found some will only allow me to easily load 22, but then just swapping to a different mag tube will let me get 23 in. Mine are reloadable to 23.

I have 3 TTI plus 6 base pads for my g17 co gun. The 23 round is tight but never had a problem loading. The 23 is reloadable but I usually download 1 round to be sure I make it. Load 22 and let sit for a couple days. I saw a loading technique by Atlas where he loads a few with a uplula and uses it to go up and down a few times to seat everything, then loads a few more and does it again, and repeat, this ensures every round is seated in the mag.

Yeah I’ve gotta figure something out cause in them 24 round fast stages every second definitely matters.

what makes me most mad is I had a brain fart and did a reload and popped one off real quick for a A,C the reload put me at a 8.76 HF when if I would’ve left it with a alpha, Mike I would’ve had a 10.17 HF 

(face palm)

I usually download mine to 22, but I can get a 23rd round in all 3 of my extensions by hand. Cant use the magloader. 

Honestly though, I hate shooting with no room for shot calling/make ups. 

I can get 23 on my TTI mag extensions.  Tight fit but has no problem feeding the round on a Glock 34.  I did find out the hard way that you have to forcefully seat the magazine if you're going with 23 rounds.  I made ready, went to holster and my magazine came flying out of the magwell and onto the dirty, dirty ground.  Thank God I'm a complete novice or that could have been really embarrassing.   

😂 mojo we’ve all been there, I’ve seen single stack,open guys do it

i like watching PCC mags when everything comes loose and springs and extensions go flying everywhere