Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches

gearguywb

I have used the CR Speed pouches for a couple of years and wanted to try something else.  I found 3 Guga Ribas to try and liked them.  Unfortunately it looks like they are going out of business or something else is going on.  No one has black pouches in stock and several vendors say that when their current inventory is gone they will not be carrying them any longer.

Sometime back I tried the Double AA and was not overly impressed.  I really like the cut out that allows the index finger to be along the leading edge of the magazine.

Looking at some other options.....

The black Scorpion looks like it would work.  Anyone tried them?  Pros/Cons?

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

I have both the cr speed and daa. Used the cr speed for 3 years and 6 mos ago got the daa. I thought I would not like the daa by not having the finger cutout, but you don't even notice. My wife is using the cr speed now. I could use either one. 

Ran into the same thing GR a couple months back. Couldn't find black pouches anywhere. Had to choose a different color. Such great mag pouches - I hope they aren't going out of business. Looks like the Black Scorpions have undergone a redesign to fix the one issue some shooters had with them. With the the old design, it was hard to lock the pouches into a fixed position. They were still pretty nice. If I didn't have a set of GRs, I'd be looking at the newer Black Scorpions.

Just got a promotional email from GR today, promoting a range of their products - mag pouches, holsters, belt and even their own line of shorts.

So maybe they aren't going out of business.

I have, in the past, ordered directly from the company - to get several of their narrower mag pouch mounting plates. Great for Single Stack or Production, as they let you push the mags closer together.

Shipping costs were a little annoying, but the service was pretty quick.

The limcat mag pouches are works of art.

I think the DAA Racers are my favorites that I have actually used for a while.  I started with the CR Speed.  Went to the ghosts when the cr speeds started moving around.  Went to DAA Racer when I started cracking pouches on the ghost 360's.  

2 hours ago, tha1000 said:

I think the DAA Racers are my favorites that I have actually used for a while.  I started with the CR Speed.  Went to the ghosts when the cr speeds started moving around.  Went to DAA Racer when I started cracking pouches on the ghost 360's.  

I started with DAA racers in production. When I moved to Open I tried the DAA racemasters, Ghosts, CR speeds, and DAA Alpha X's. Came back full circle to the DAA racers. Super smooth release and just the right amount of adjustability.

1 hour ago, accu9 said:

I started with DAA racers in production. When I moved to Open I tried the DAA racemasters, Ghosts, CR speeds, and DAA Alpha X's. Came back full circle to the DAA racers. Super smooth release and just the right amount of adjustability.

And priced right!