Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lead Star with Blue Bullets question

If anyone is running a Lead Star with Blue Bullets I would like to know your OAL and what weight of projectile you're running. My 147 and 125 are sticking in the barrel. I tired my 147 to 1.115 and they stick as do my 125 at 1.135. I'm not sure how short I can load them safley.

Thanks so much for any help.

I Don't own a lead star but I load for some one that does.

As you have found  Blue bullets 147 profile does not work.

SNS will round nose would need to be 1.125ish(147).

Flat nose will allow you to go to 1.135ish(147).

125rn will have to be 1.100ish. We use Bullseye powder and will be going to 

sport pistol next. I don't like tightgroup (recoil impulse).

I only use FMJ or plated projectiles with a round nose. I do know several people that shoot blue bullets with titegroup out of their pistols. Its a fast powder and even with that I get a lot of unburnt powder in my trigger and bolt. I don't care I like it and its cheap. I have more problems with carbon build up at the muzzle brake than anything else. I don't notice any recoil impulse issues. I pull the trigger fast and stay on target with it. If I am off its cos of me not the recoil. The best advice I would give is find something and stick with it. If it runs then don't go changing bullet profile, weight, or powder for that matter. 

On 7/14/2019 at 7:02 AM, Drdoom910 said:

Driver123 is  tight group the best powder for pcc this will be my first one

I’ve never loaded for a LeadStar PCC. I’ve loaded and shot through some of the other brands and the MPX. My best experiences for loading for PCC is N320 with 124/5gr bullets. Blue Bullets in 125gr or Precision Delta 124gr JHP both work well.  I practice with Blues and load PD’s for matches.