Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX mag pouch options and opinions

Hello. Looking to get opinions on mag pouch selections for the MPX. I did research and found some older threads that touch on the topic. I believe some new makes have come on the market since. Shooks Custom looks like a nice option I haven't seen mentioned and possibly C.B. Kydex. Weber Tactical, RHT, Safariland and Comtac are names that have been mentioned. Just wondering what the latest consensus has from trial and error in the field, thanks.

36 minutes ago, TeedOff said:

I’m using RHT. Solid build, good retention, but they are pretty bulky. I’ll keep using them, but interested in opinions on other pouches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I hear what you're saying. I have had the luxury of simply using CR speed mag pouches for my Glock mag fed AR9 up until this point.The Shooks Custom looks pretty compact, got to see them on a shooter this weekend.Take a look at the and C.B Kydex they look compact as well and have multiple mounting options. Safariland 7 7 4 also seems to have a small profile with mounting options but it's not clear to me how to find which model is for the MPX on their website. Com tac looks like a very strong  ontender also for being compact and having rotation abilities.

I run the Comp-Tac pouches. No issues with retention/removal with 41 rounds of Sig/TTI goodness.

Used the Colt mag version of the Comp-Tac pouch last season with 1 on the hip and 1 horizontal in front and never had a problem.

2 hours ago, biggulp said:

I run the Comp-Tac pouches. No issues with retention/removal with 41 rounds of Sig/TTI goodness.

Used the Colt mag version of the Comp-Tac pouch last season with 1 on the hip and 1 horizontal in front and never had a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen one up close yet but they look very compact  and Com Tac does make good quality. Glad to hear they can hold 41 round sticks without issue.

I’m also using Comptac pouches but instead of the regular screws, I installed thumb screws so I can loosen or tighten them with my fingers. You can buy the thumb screws from Home Depot for $3 a pair while it’s sold for $5 apiece on Ben stoeger pro shop for his BOSS DOH.

21 minutes ago, George16 said:

I’m also using Comptac pouches but instead of the regular screws, I installed thumb screws so I can loosen or tighten them with my fingers. You can buy the thumb screws from Home Depot for $3 a pair while it’s sold for $5 apiece on Ben stoeger pro shop for his BOSS DOH.

Nice. If you don't mind,what section in a H.Depot would you find them( it's a big store LOL)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 6:07 AM, mannyc said:

Using the Sig factory ones made by Bladetech, works good, you just have to trim the locking tabs a little.

do you have a description of this somewhere? I have 2 that I don't use anymore and wondering if I can bring them back to life.