Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SRO on a Shadow 2?

Fasthenk65

Dear all,

An SRO is extremely expensive in Europe but I want one. However, we have to pre-order without having a chance to look trough it.

Would you recommend the 2,5 MOA or the 5 MOA for IPSC?????

Advice appreciated!

I have a 5MOA on preorder here for my Shadow 2 and I intend to replace the Vortex Venom 6MOA 

that's on there now with it. I use my S2 for both USPSA and steel matches. Not many people have them here yet either so we are all

for the most part ordering without first seeing it in person.

what size dot are you used to?

2 hours ago, kmanick said:

I have a 5MOA on preorder here for my Shadow 2 and I intend to replace the Vortex Venom 6MOA 

that's on there now with it. I use my S2 for both USPSA and steel matches. Not many people have them here yet either so we are all

for the most part ordering without first seeing it in person.

what size dot are you used to?

Only shot with the holosun 507c which was ok, they are 2 moa but bright... ... for pcc I use 6 moa More... Not sure what is the best size yet for pistol...

picked up mine this weekend. My plan is to finish out this year in production, then Co for 2020.

The SRO is what I am planning to use, with the 5MOA dot. I have one on back order, so I am interested in any feedback also 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Dear all,

An SRO is extremely expensive in Europe but I want one. However, we have to pre-order without having a chance to look trough it.

Advice appreciated!

I am also considering an SRO for Shadow 2 OR, and I am in Europe too. I think I would go for the 5MOA, it would replace my Vortex which is 6.  In the end dot size for pistol practical shooting is not that important, and as probably everyone already knows, on presentation a larger dot is not easier to find than a small one.

Where did you pre-order, and price?

On 7/6/2019 at 3:51 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Dear all,

Advice appreciated!

I would give the Americans 6 months or so to beat the hell out of them and allow Trijicon time to troubleshoot any known issues before I paid to import one internationally.

just checked in with EuroOptics , they are saying it may be another 5 weeks before they get them in 5mao.

Looks like maybe Trijicon is addressing some of the reported issues? hopefully?

I was really hoping to get to use it  this season, but it's not looking good

just ordered one from midway, cancelled with euroOptics, for some reason they are not getting theirs for another 4-6 weeks  :(

I'll need one for my M&P rig as well (if they work out to be all that we hope them to be) I'll pick up another one then in the fall 

if I was just going to sue this for USPSA I would probably be good with the 2.5 but I shoot more steel matches these days than USPSA and I have been running

the Venom 6MOA this vs the venom 3moa last summer and I found that I like the 6 more , a 5moa should be quite usable for both disciplines 

I put a 5 MOA on backorder back in April/May when they were first announced, then did my best to be patient until they started shipping.  I suck at being patient, so when the 2.5 MOAs became available I bought one.  I’m still waiting on the 5 MOA to ship, and when it does I’ll compare the two and see which one I like best for pistol shooting. 

Right now the 2.5 MOA is sitting on a PCC while my Shadow 2‘s slide if off getting milled and Jenny Craig’d.  If my S2 comes home before the 5 MOA arrives I’ll Run it with the 2.5 to see how it goes, then try the 5 MOA whenever it shows up.  B/c I have a RM07 (6.5 MOA) on another pistol, I suspect I’m going to prefer the 5 MOA SRO.   The 2.5 sure is a nice on my PCC in today’s match.  Looking thru it felt  just like my C-more.  So it may be my new optic for the PCC.   

• 2 weeks later...

well I've put about 600 rounds through my Shadow 2 with the SRO 5moa on it and I've not experienced any issues with it yet at all.

The elevation windage screws have not budged (marked them with a silver sharpie), the dot is nice and bright and actually looks a

little smaller when I bring down the brightness settings, so that's a nice bonus I wasn't expecting. It's very easy to find the dot with this optic, but

last night I went back and forth between using my M&P 9L with a Shield mini sight 8moa optic (that I use almost exclusively for steel challenge)

and I found it no more difficult to find that dot on the draw. Transitions are where the SRO really stood out, my transition speeds with the SRO were

blazing last night compared to the Shield/Jpoint.

Just got my SRO. Ordered a 5moa but they sent me a 2.5moa. I am going to stay with the 2.5. Left to right are a Razor 6moa, SRO 2.5moa, c-more 6moa. I set them all side by side and tried to set them all at an adequate intensity for the room then I set them all to max intensity. I really can't tell the difference in dot size on either setting. When the SRO is set very low it is small but not where I would actually run it. Sorry I can't get pics to upload.