Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR 15 Questions

First I love my GMR it’s great after shooting it for 2 years I haven’t done a thing to it except add a Cmore. That said I am looking to do some upgrades to make it lighter and I would like to add an RMR on a 45 mount. So here’s a couple things I hope the forum could help me with:

Any issues for those that had a dissipator taking it off?

What carbon fiber handguards do you guys recommend? 

I have seen a few magwells specific to the GMR but none that really blend well with the rifle anything new out there?

What 45 mount do you all reccomend and where are you all mounting them? With my cmore it doesn’t look like I’m going to have much room.

Thanks for the help! 

Edited by jonb.

1. Mine never had the dissipator in the first place. No issues. I think it’s just bling and is not needed for anything.

2. I don’t recommend a carbon hand guard. I have a Coda Evolution, it is not the lightest thing out there, and is a little wiggly. I hate wiggly hand guards, which is why I would just stick with the JP. It’s rock solid.

3. The Taylor Freelance magwell is the best one. tech well Delrin one is second best.

4. JP offset mount is by far the best one. I have mine mounted as far back as it will go minus one slot for a little room.

The Smoke Composites handguard is super light but solid and wobble free.

Taylor Freelance JP Fattie magwell is the only way to go.  Mounting system is way better than Tech well.

Can't go wrong with the JP 45 degree mount.

Shouldn't be any problem removing the dissipator.

2 hours ago, jonb. said:

First I love my GMR it’s great after shooting it for 2 years I haven’t done a thing to it except add a Cmore. That said I am looking to do some upgrades to make it lighter and I would like to add an RMR on a 45 mount. So here’s a couple things I hope the forum could help me with:

Any issues for those that had a dissipator taking it off?

What carbon fiber handguards do you guys recommend? 

I have seen a few magwells specific to the GMR but none that really blend well with the rifle anything new out there?

What 45 mount do you all reccomend and where are you all mounting them? With my cmore it doesn’t look like I’m going to have much room.

Thanks for the help! 

No issue taking the dissipator off. Might adjust zero but might not. 

I also hate carbon fiber hand guards. They always seem to end up broken. 

The Taylor Freelance magwell is exceptionally well designed and it's very well matched to the GMR. You can darn near shove the mag in sideways and still nail reloads. 

JP 45 mount is rock solid. 

I just ordered the Smoke handguard to lighten the front of mine. It should be in tomorrow or Monday. I ordered it with a rail on top so I could mount my laser out front on top and I may put an offset mount also. I have one from my previous pcc that I'll use if I do. If you call and tell them at Smoke you shoot competitions they will give you 20% off.

You could try keeping the handguard. Taking off the dissipator and getting one of the JP ultralight 9mm barrels...it light lighten it up enough where you got the gun in the sweet spot.
I personally don’t like super super light rifles. They just bounce around too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk