Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 holster

Hunter1998

On 7/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, Shrek1 said:

These product descriptions are confusing. Both seem to have cut and paste main descriptions likely from RHT. Both are described as double layer Kydex with inner layer red, but the photo for one doesn’t match that showing the whole thing is black. They have different product numbers and are sold by different vendors. Hard to tell what the real differences are or even if they are substantive. Maybe I looked at it too late at night.....

RHT, get a double layered holster. You won't be disappointed. With that said my backup/loaner is a bladetech because it was much cheaper.

Also support those who support us, RHT is a common match sponsor in the 3gun community.

My RHT wouldn’t allow the square nose my Zev 34 slide to seat in the holster completely. My Bladetech doesn’t haven’t have problem with it. Just something to consider if you have an aftermarket slide. 

I’ve got 2 RHT holsters, one for my g17 with aftermarket squarish slide. It’s a nice fit, holds gun snug. My other one for a g34 is not as nice. There is a lot of play in the upper half of the holster. This is probably because of the double layer is harder to fit to the gun. I have a single layer from a different company and the gun fits it like a glove. If I crank down on the adjustment screws I can remove most of the play but it really makes drawing not as fast. I like to be able to turn  holster upside down and give a little shake and have it drop out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had CompTac and Blade Tech holsters for my 34 and just got a RHT for my new Stock 2. 

Of the CompTac and Blade Tech for the 34 the Blade Tech was hands down a better fit. Quality of the two were similar, but the fit on the Blade Tech was far better. 

Not apples to apples, but my thought on the RHT is that the holster appears to be more solid and well made due to the double layer. Not happy with the initial fit as I'm going to have to dremmel down around the top of the holster. It's hitting the mag release on the draw on the left side and hitting the front of the grip panel on the top on the right. Looks like it will be fine after a bit of tweaking this weekend, but it is an aggravation.

I’ve had good results with a number of companies including blade tech, red hill and Safariland.  The critical piece I’ve found is having a good hanger that interacts well with the belt and holster and keeps everything in place.  Of the metal aftermarket ones I’ve tried RHT and BOSS, I prefer the BOSS hanger, which seems more rigid with aluminum going down much further on the holster body.