Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DDP Pro issues

chenault

I talked to a person from Leupold a couple months ago and they said that they were working on a fix for the DPP issue.  Does anyone know when this is supposed to happen?  I've gone through two brand new ones this month.  Same issue as all the others.  The contact slips with it's sticker so the battery can't make contact anymore. 

I've also noticed that the DPP is sold out from most places, makes me wonder if they are about to release the ones with the fix. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In April I sent my first DPP in for repair. Leupold replaced the board, no mention of battery contact. I reinstalled the repaired DPP and put about 3,000 rounds through it before the dot started fading and disappear while shooting. Turns out the battery contact was slipping. I sent the dot back to Leupold for repair. They received the dot June 29th and July 2nd I received a shipping notification. I don’t know if the dot was repaired or replaced. I’ll find out next Tuesday when I get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, chenault said:

Man at this point I actually need another DPP.  If anyone gets one back and wants to change hit me up.  

I just might I have 3 with 2.5 dot might sell one to try out the sro

17 hours ago, GJM said:

DP Pro units have a manufacturing date code, which is the last two letters of the serial number. Units with AB, AC and AD are safest. AF units have the small decal which is causing reliability issues, and AE units are hit and miss.

That's good news.  Mine has an "AD" serial number and so far, so good after about 1000 9 mm minor rounds on an M&P 2.0.

Following.  I have an AD mounted on my CZ S2 now, and an AE spare.  Between the two, they have been back 4 times.  I havent calculated rounds-before-failure yet, as one was good for over year. Now it seems as if I cant get more than 6 mths before a failure.

I just got the AE back a few weeks ago, they replaced the circuit board with the old style.  Very interested to see when they fully incorporate the new style circuit board in repairs. 

52 minutes ago, GJM said:

shooters that shoot a lot and get their pistols hot. 

Funny you mention this.  During practice yest afternoon I thought about this. It is very easy to really heat a gun up during a practice session, especially if you're running a hot powder like TG.  That heat could cause the tape to loose some adhesion, thus allowing the contact to slip on the CB.  I use W231, which isnt too hot, and typically shoot 300 rnds in an hour + session.  I will try slowing down some and letting it cool off a little more between mag loads.  

Ill send mine off when the new board is being installed for repair. The old sticker ones kind of work if you check regularly enough to recenter the contact before it slides totally off centre and cuts out.

I sent a DDP back for repair recently. They received it on Jul 2, and sent it back Jul 3!! I received it Jul 10.

They replaced the circuit board.

I just spoke to their tech support. He said they have a fix on the circuit board / loose battery contact problem and that all repairs done as of a few weeks ago will have the updated circuit board.

This is what my DPP did. Leupold repaired it quickly. Turn around was 3 days after they received it. I have about 600 rounds on it now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk