Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I recently purchased a Dillion Square Deal B less than a month and now I’m having problems with the primers not feeding into the primer cup, if anybody here had similar issues please let me know how to fix this problem..

Thanks.

Photos might help.

Also, tomorrow, if you phone Dillon, they'll walk you through the problem - they're great at solving problems.

And, you just might need a new part - they'll mail it to you for FREE.   :) 

What Jack said.

Had the same issue many, many years ago and the Dillon rep. talked me through the solution.

Pretty common problem with the press. Simply changing the blue tip on the primer feeding tube and not cranking the screw on top too tight should solve it. I always kept a half dozen or so of the tips in stock because I never knew when it would deform. The tip is green, I think for large pistol primers. Hope this helps. 

Posted (edited)

Has the machine been used with different calibers or primer sizes?

Anyway, check the adjustment instructions in the manual: https://dilloncdn.com/manuals/dillon-squareb-manual-english.pdf

(Page 12)

"If a primer fails to appear, adjust the primer feed adjustment screw(#13961a), located at the lower tip of the flat spring(#13979) on the front of the housing (#20900) as follows: If changing from a large primer to a small primer turn the primer feed adjustment screw (#13961a) in 1/8 turn increments clockwise. If changing from small to large, turn in 1/8 turn increments counterclockwise. "

Edited by perttime

if it was working and now it isnt I doubt its the primer feed adjustment screw. Most likely the tip isnt algned right or got screwed down too tight.