Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Square Deal Problems

I recently purchased a Dillion Square Deal B less than a month and now I’m having problems with the primers not feeding into the primer cup, if anybody here had similar issues please let me know how to fix this problem..

Thanks.

Pretty common problem with the press. Simply changing the blue tip on the primer feeding tube and not cranking the screw on top too tight should solve it. I always kept a half dozen or so of the tips in stock because I never knew when it would deform. The tip is green, I think for large pistol primers. Hope this helps. 

Has the machine been used with different calibers or primer sizes?

Anyway, check the adjustment instructions in the manual: https://dilloncdn.com/manuals/dillon-squareb-manual-english.pdf

(Page 12)

"If a primer fails to appear, adjust the primer feed adjustment screw(#13961a), located at the lower tip of the flat spring(#13979) on the front of the housing (#20900) as follows: If changing from a large primer to a small primer turn the primer feed adjustment screw (#13961a) in 1/8 turn increments clockwise. If changing from small to large, turn in 1/8 turn increments counterclockwise. "

Edited by perttime