Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135gr Bullseye or Titegroup (etr7) loads?

IrishPsych

I've been running 147gr for a while now but got into casting and my 135gr mold drops bullets perfectly. I've been using 3.1-3.3 bullseye with 147gr moly coated and looking for loads for coated 135g now. Powders I have are Bullseye and ETR7 (which is titegroup load date). This is out of a glock 34 with reduced recoil spring and an XDM 5.25 with reduced recoil spring. 

I'm looking for minor to tad above minor loads for production and plinking. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would look to another powder vs Titegroup. I never had any luck with Titegroup in 9mm under any coated bullets. Titegroup has its place but 9mm lead loads has not been it for me!.  I currently use A#2 in my 9mm lead minor loads. Accurate, clean, cool, and shoots soft. For 135 to 147gr lead WSF is another one that works well (Wsf is cleaner with heavier bullets at minor pf vs the lighter weight bullets). As another poster mentioned Sport pistol seems to be well acclaimed as well, I personally havent tried it yet. 

Edited by BallisticianX

3.4gr of Bullseye makes 131/2 from my G17.3s under a coated 133 at 1.14.

My experience suggests 3.4 of TG would be nearly identical. I've shot it but never chrono'd this particular combination.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 1:37 PM, IrishPsych said:

I've been running 147gr for a while now but got into casting and my 135gr mold drops bullets perfectly. I've been using 3.1-3.3 bullseye with 147gr moly coated and looking for loads for coated 135g now. Powders I have are Bullseye and ETR7 (which is titegroup load date). This is out of a glock 34 with reduced recoil spring and an XDM 5.25 with reduced recoil spring. 

I'm looking for minor to tad above minor loads for production and plinking. 

Hey OP, what 135gr mold are you using? (Partly interested because I cast too.) The powder charge you need (and even the powder type, depending on bulk) will change depending on the bullet design and how much case capacity it takes up. 

On 8/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, Yondering said:

Hey OP, what 135gr mold are you using? (Partly interested because I cast too.) The powder charge you need (and even the powder type, depending on bulk) will change depending on the bullet design and how much case capacity it takes up. 

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=2029

I loaded up a lot, probably about 500, with 3.4gr of bullseye at around 1.125. 

Ive shot these in an alox lube but haven’t since hi Tek coating.