Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anybody back to Glock after CZ / Tanfo ?

ATMester

Anybody decided to go back to  Glock

after shooting a CZ / Tanfo platform?

My classifier scores telling me, that for me Glock (G34) was the way to go. 

I was fast but relatively speaking inaccurate with the Glock    

With my Stock2 I am just slow....

( also my training was focusing to shoot classifiers well with my Glock

Currently with the Stock 2 I am focusing on other things....)

Glocks just transition much faster without thinking  about transitioning fast. (for me anyways)

They load faster on the way in, not when it comes dropping the magazine though ....

Stock 2 is just easier to shoot it accurately- without thinking too much about accuracy ( in my humble opinion....)

I always had the sensation that my G34 shoots softer than my Stock2 with the same load. 

I had the feeling that the polymer frame just dumpers the recoil better. 

I am talking about minor ( production) load and shooting here. Limited major would be a different story...

thanks,

Edited by ATMester

I've shot them all.  I'm currently shooting a Glock 34. My only complaint about Glocks is the plastic mags create more friction and can get hung up easier if you don't hold the gun vertically when dropping the mag. Ignore anyone telling you to do the "wrist flick". In fact if someone say that to me I ignore anything they say after that. 

The triggers aren't as nice as a good SA but that's not really a big deal. 

I personally don't hang up on this gun is better than that gun for transitions, draws or reloads. I just want reliable, accurate and then I get used to the gun. 

Glocks are fine. 

So is everything else. 

I'd say your classifiers aren't telling you anything that pertains to the gun. If you're inaccurate, that's probably you. If you're slow, again probably you. That's just my opinion.  I've been down this road. Thinking maybe this gun will do one thing better, or it is faster. I've come to the opinion that there's not a perfect gun. There are several really really good ones though!

Edited by B_RAD

My experience is that as shooters improve they find the advantages of a "better"? trigger system to be less and less important to their shooting, basically once you learn how to pull a trigger correctly "better" triggers are more of a preference point vs a performance improvement.

The gun doesn't matter, within reason.

Within reason= nothing dumb, like a hipoint or a compact carry-type gun. Almost any full size duty style gun will not hold you back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

My experience is that as shooters improve they find the advantages of a "better"? trigger system to be less and less important to their shooting, basically once you learn how to pull a trigger correctly "better" triggers are more of a preference point vs a performance improvement.

Yep. The longer I shoot, the better I get, the less I care about things like a “better” trigger. 

I spent 2+ years on a G34. Got sucked in to the Tanfo magic and after 3 matches went back to Glock. Not sure what all the fuss is about. It was a nice gun, but not nice enough to sit in the safe if I wasn't using it.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

i shot CZ pistols exclusively for 4 years. I am shooting a Glock currently.

Same here with a brief stint in between with Walther for optic. 

M&P to Glock for C>O because the MOS made it simple.

Then to Tanfo, same time picked up a SIG 320 RX.

Tanfo seemed problematic with oal length on loads and other temperamental things.

Went to the SIG 320RX and basically stayed there and an X-5 for back up, yeah shoot the RX better on the clock than the X-5.

As stated above all the stuff, is just that stuff, shoot the gun and get good with it and that's that!

Edited by jcc7x7

40 minutes ago, Catmanduex said:

1911s, SIGs, CZs, Glocks, Tanfos.  I’ve wasted a bunch of money searching for the “right” gun.  I should have spent it on practice ammo instead.

No truer words ever spoken. I’d have more money and probably be a little better shooter.

Edited by johes

41 minutes ago, Catmanduex said:

1911s, SIGs, CZs, Glocks, Tanfos.  I’ve wasted a bunch of money searching for the “right” gun.  I should have spent it on practice ammo instead.

*on training, classes and ammo instead.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, Catmanduex said:

have to agree .  After sticking with a glock long enough to master the trigger and grip , its hard to shoot anything as good

I have been thinking about going back to Glock for optics division from my Tanfo Stock 3. I really like how well and naturally Glock points for me, but I do appreciate the weight of my Tanfo during recoil. My splits are faster and I am generally more accurate with the 2.5lb ish SA trigger. However transitions and getting on the target feels faster with the Glock. I wish the Glock had a little bit more weight to it's frame. 

The "work" one has to do to score well is the same. To me, "how" I do it is performed differently. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with many of the choices for Prod. (Some, but not most). You just have to know your own strengths and weaknesses so you properly apply that info to your work and equipment.

I tried a Shadow 2 for 4 months recently. It was really nice. Had I started on that type of platform 20 years ago, had multiple models, and parts, skills to work on it Etc..the way I am with Glocks, I’d certainly have stuck with it.

Just no magic there though. I thought I’d see improvement from the extra weight and better trigger very soon but I did not. Got offered $100.00 less than what I paid for it in a weak moment at the range, and off it went.

in a way I wish I’d kept it, but playing with two such different platforms has never produced good results for me.

• 3 weeks later...

SIGS, 226, da/sa, sao, 1911’s, M-P, XDM, and now after years of back and forth still shoot Glock better at games, IDPA, USPSA than any of the others on a consistent basis. So I selling off my fleet, and buying more ammo.

• 3 months later...

To the OP could it just be you haven’t adjusted to the Tangfolio yet?

Ive shot a G34 for 4 years now and just switched to a CZ shadow for CO. I’m trying to learn a new gun and a new aiming system so it hasn’t been an easy transition, but I know I need to put in the time to be comfortable with the CZ. 
I still love my Glock, it’s not going anywhere. 

I'm back from CZ to a Glock 17. I shoot the CZ marginally better but do everything else much better with the Glock. I could not get the CZ reloaded any faster than 1.2 I have got some high . 90s  with the Glock @4yds. 

I shoot the Glock faster than the CZ. I just can't take the long shots quite as well.

Well, I'll probably incur the wrath of the Glock Gods, but I went the opposite way. I shot L10 with an STI, then felt the move to CO was a great idea. So I bought a Glock MOS 34 to get into it. The Glock platform just drives me crazy. I replaced the trigger, and even that did nothing for me. I was constantly shooting low. I tied an XDm, then bought a CZ SP-01, and have never looked back.

What I learned from all the $$$$ spent, is that it is not the perfect gun you are seeking, but the gun that works for each individual. I got to shoot with the Glock team at Area 1 in Missoula, and they swept the field. G34's beat the open field even.

So, it might take some fiddling to find the right "feel" to a platform, then after that its a bunch of ammo and practice.  My back up gun is a CO fitted XDm which I shoot far better then a Glock. It would seem that if you are doing well with a certain platform, modify the platform to work with the division you want. Of course for some of us the fun is buying different guns, and then wondering what all the hoopla was about.