Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shortest production legal trigger

ATMester

Hi,

What is the shortest production legal trigger? Small hands ...

Looking for something what I can easily reach, so it has minimal take up ( I guess)

Also I would like to get suggestions for triggers without having much rolling before they go off. Kinda looking for something what resembles more of a 1911 then a   glock

thanks,

Although there are a few Glock triggers that can adjust the pretravel, I think you will be limited by the point at which the trigger safety become unusable. The trigger would still be useable, but per the rules “removing any safety mechanism in Production division is strictly prohibited.”

On 7/3/2019 at 9:23 PM, HCH said:

Triggers don’t matter in Production anymore. Do whatever you want. 

Exactly this. Any trigger or grip stipple and undercut or slide or mag release is legal as of March 2018.

Hot pink, gigantic, and aftermarket? Good to go

14 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Exactly this. Any trigger or grip stipple and undercut or slide or mag release is legal as of March 2018.

Hot pink, gigantic, and aftermarket? Good to go

So just for my own clarification - I understand that you can get an aftermarket trigger and still be production legal, so it really doesn’t matter what you do for a trigger. However, all the aftermarket ones I am aware of (which implies that there will be a bunch I’m not familiar with) have a trigger safety. Assuming you can adjust the pretravel of these to shorten the trigger pull, won’t you reach a point where shortening it any more will result in the safety lever failing to engage on the frame? In that case, all triggers on glocks will reach the same point at which point they can’t be reduced any further while still staying production legal. If this reasoning is incorrect, can anyone point me to an example of a trigger that would be legal in this scenario. I’m just curious.

Edited by J_Allen

@J_Allen:

This is true. All safeties must continue to function as designed to be legal in USPSA CO/Production divisions.

(Or, for that matter, to be drop-safe enough that anyone responsible would want to own & operate these guns.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic