Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Certified Ammunition List? Does it Exist?

shakin_bakin

Good Morning,

I'm looking for the USPSA certified ammunition list. I've searched google and the forums and am unable to find the actual list of certified ammunition with weights. I have found in the rule book Appendix C3 that discusses "Certified Match Ammunition" but it is not a list. I've also found the Match Ammo Declaration for the shooter to provide the match director, and I've also found the form for manufactures to fill out and submit their ammunition for certification.

But, I have not found a list from USPSA that says, Ammo maker X, using X caliber, and X weight is certified match ammunition. I've found questionable information that would lead me to believe that Federal ammunition is match approved, or that Federal Syntech is match approved, but nothing (particularly in the rules) states either is officially approved, and what caliber and weight.

My dilemma I'm heading to nationals in the fall. Everyone says the 150gr Federal Syntech is match approved (supposedly). I want to shoot the 124gr Federal Syntech, but supposedly its not match approved. But I cant find where either is match approved or disapproved. The misleading notes I've seen is that Federal is the official match ammunition. Official match ammunition is then certified. Thus, any Federal Ammunition should be ok? But then in the rules it says that Official match ammunition allotment is checked and your purchased ammunition just needs to be within 10 powerfactor of that ammunition. So there is no way they have every single version of federal ammunition. Long story short, I'm just looking for the list so I can be positive on whats approved.

Thank you for your help!

Good Morning,

I'm looking for the USPSA certified ammunition list. I've searched google and the forums and am unable to find the actual list of certified ammunition with weights. I have found in the rule book Appendix C3 that discusses "Certified Match Ammunition" but it is not a list. I've also found the Match Ammo Declaration for the shooter to provide the match director, and I've also found the form for manufactures to fill out and submit their ammunition for certification.

But, I have not found a list from USPSA that says, Ammo maker X, using X caliber, and X weight is certified match ammunition. I've found questionable information that would lead me to believe that Federal ammunition is match approved, or that Federal Syntech is match approved, but nothing (particularly in the rules) states either is officially approved, and what caliber and weight.

My dilemma I'm heading to nationals in the fall. Everyone says the 150gr Federal Syntech is match approved (supposedly). I want to shoot the 124gr Federal Syntech, but supposedly its not match approved. But I cant find where either is match approved or disapproved. The misleading notes I've seen is that Federal is the official match ammunition. Official match ammunition is then certified. Thus, any Federal Ammunition should be ok? But then in the rules it says that Official match ammunition allotment is checked and your purchased ammunition just needs to be within 10 powerfactor of that ammunition. So there is no way they have every single version of federal ammunition. Long story short, I'm just looking for the list so I can be positive on whats approved.

Thank you for your help!
124 grain is not developed as their match ammo. might not be making minor consistently or maybe totally overpowered too. buy a batch and chrono it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

For last years 9 days of Nationals they published a match ammo list, but it did not come out till closer to the match. you could try contacting USPSA HQ and asking if there is a plan to do that again or the easier solution is to chrono the ammo you want to run in your gun and see if it make PF as is, if you don't own a chrono ask around I'm sure you can find someone that will help you out.

Currently, USPSA has certified Federal "Action Pistol" for this program https://www.federalpremium.com/search?query=action  .  I expect more manufactures will be added to the program.

You'll purchase the ammo yourself, directly from the vendor of your choice and bring it to the match.  At the match, probably during the registration process, you'll sign a declaration form and provide an eight round sample (this is in addition to the 8 rounds that will be collected for chrono).

Edited by Lee Cabana

I'm sitting here wondering why someone would go through all this hassle and uncertainty when they can buy a sample of the ammo they want to use to shoot through a chronograph.  If it makes a PF that you're comfortable with, buy all you need and ship it over.  A box of 50 rounds through the chrono is more than a representative sample.  Apply basic statistics to the average and SD and decide.

What am I missing?

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

I'm sitting here wondering why someone would go through all this hassle and uncertainty when they can buy a sample of the ammo they want to use to shoot through a chronograph.  If it makes a PF that you're comfortable with, buy all you need and ship it over.  A box of 50 rounds through the chrono is more than a representative sample.  Apply basic statistics to the average and SD and decide.

What am I missing?

What hassle? I'm looking for an approved ammo list. I want to reload my practice ammo to be as identical as manufactured ammo. So I can use manufactured ammo during a competition and my reloads during practice. Secondly, I was planning to ship ammo from a distributor straight to nationals. Lastly, with that I wanted to make sure it makes chrono at nationals, and if it didnt (or my understanding from the word of mouth), that its an approved ammo so it wouldn't matter. I was planning to chrono whatever was approved and then change my reloads to match.  I was told this weekend at the Oklahoma sectional that even if the Syntech didnt make chrono, that its ok, because its an approved ammo. So, I'm trying to see where the list of approved ammo is. (This appears true, if it didnt make chrono per appendix C it just has to be within 10 power factor of the ammo on the approved power list/ REF: C3: Ammo Verification)

So, I'm trying to find out facts versus rumors, which is why I'm looking for this "list" that I'm unable to find.

1 minute ago, shakin_bakin said:

What hassle? I'm looking for an approved ammo list. I want to reload my practice ammo to be as identical as manufactured ammo. So I can use manufactured ammo during a competition and my reloads during practice. Secondly, I was planning to ship ammo from a distributor straight to nationals. Lastly, with that I wanted to make sure it makes chrono at nationals, and if it didnt (or my understanding from the word of mouth), that its an approved ammo so it wouldn't matter. I was planning to chrono whatever was approved and then change my reloads to match.  I was told this weekend at the Oklahoma sectional that even if the Syntech didnt make chrono, that its ok, because its an approved ammo. So, I'm trying to see where the list of approved ammo is. (This appears true, if it didnt make chrono per appendix C it just has to be within 10 power factor of the ammo on the approved power list/ REF: C3: Ammo Verification)

So, I'm trying to find out facts versus rumors, which is why I'm looking for this "list" that I'm unable to find.

OK, whatever.  You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be, but it's your circus.

BTW, do you really believe this is true?: 

I was told this weekend at the Oklahoma sectional that even if the Syntech didnt make chrono, that its ok, because its an approved ammo.

7 minutes ago, elguapo said:

BTW, do you really believe this is true?: 

If a ammo is listed as official match ammo for a given match (as several were for last years nationals) and that ammo is purchased per the match ammo procedures and it fails to make PF but it matches the sample taken at ammo delivery or declaration then yes it does not matter what the PD of the ammo out of your gun actually is.   

3 hours ago, Lee Cabana said:

Currently, USPSA has certified Federal "Action Pistol" for this program https://www.federalpremium.com/search?query=action  .  I expect more manufactures will be added to the program.

You'll purchase the ammo yourself, directly from the vendor of your choice and bring it to the match.  At the match, probably during the registration process, you'll sign a declaration form and provide an eight round sample (this is in addition to the 8 rounds that will be collected for chrono).

Lee,

Thank you for your response. This close to what I'm getting at.

2 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

If a ammo is listed as official match ammo for a given match (as several were for last years nationals) and that ammo is purchased per the match ammo procedures and it fails to make PF but it matches the sample taken at ammo delivery or declaration then yes it does not matter what the PD of the ammo out of your gun actually is.   

Mr. Burgess,

Thank you. Between you and Lee I think I have the answer. Long story short, I just need to wait for the ammo list to come out for Nationals. I could probably use last years as I imagine they will be similar. Then just double check when it does come out.

Just now, shakin_bakin said:

Mr. Burgess,

Thank you. Between you and Lee I think I have the answer. Long story short, I just need to wait for the ammo list to come out for Nationals. I could probably use last years as I imagine they will be similar. Then just double check when it does come out.

If you want to get ahead a quick call or email to USPSA hq would likely get you an answer quickly

What am I missing?
the only dumb question is one that isn't asked

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk