Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA eligibility to vote?

gose

IBTL Another good thread down the drain....

As far as showing an address to vote don’t forget various agencies, military etc that have people rotating overseas all the time. 

Off topic, but has anything been sent out with info on the candidates? I recall last election seeing some kind of bios or interviews with each candidate, but haven't seen anything this time.

10 minutes ago, Sarge said:

IBTL Another good thread down the drain....

As far as showing an address to vote don’t forget various agencies, military etc that have people rotating overseas all the time. 

The citizenship change and the us address is not very well thought out.

But this is USPSA and is par for the course.

10 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Off topic, but has anything been sent out with info on the candidates? I recall last election seeing some kind of bios or interviews with each candidate, but haven't seen anything this time.

There has been nothing that I can see, even the announcement of this being an election year was tucked away in a corner in the magazine. Very little info has been published by USPSA.... this is not normal.

Interestingly, the bylaws dont require citizenship to be eligible to be president, only residency.

Personally, I dont see why we wont simply allow all members to vote.

2 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

There has been nothing that I can see, even the announcement of this being an election year was tucked away in a corner in the magazine. Very little info has been published by USPSA.... this is not normal.

Interesting...

The May/June edition had questions for the candidate and there were responses for one candidate for Area 8 and one from Mike Foley. But there was nothing from Valentine in the edition. Perhaps those responses will be in the July/August edition, but that edition has not been published, yet voting is open now.

6 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Maybe someone can contact Valentine and find out if he knows when/if his responses will be posted in the magazine.

Election started already. 

A little late to have his info posted in a magazine,  I am sure it wasn't done on purpose. 

Edited by bret

20 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Maybe the new normal?

When the incumbent wants to remain in office and makes the rules...

11 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

That’s my point. His responses should have been in the same edition as Foley’s. If his responses are in the July edition then this would be grossly unfair to the other candidate.

1 hour ago, bret said:

They aren't making money but they work the matches and are not very good at it. 

Can a r.o. get DQd for shooting a hole in a ditch barrel clearing a shotgun? 

You should appreciate president foley's diligence on this issue. He has been going to great lengths to test the skill and integrity of the RO corps by getting dq'd at as many major matches as possible.  😋

2 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

You should appreciate president foley's diligence on this issue. He has been going to great lengths to test the skill and integrity of the RO corps by getting dq'd at as many major matches as possible.  😋

True, some MDs ask people that DQ a lot to find another hobby.  :)

40 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

My opinion/guess is that the current powers that be wanted to skate under the radar during the potential candidate process. 

They didn't want any challengers.  I mean. Can't blame anyone for not wanting competition for a job. 

21 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

My opinion/guess is that the current powers that be wanted to skate under the radar during the potential candidate process. 

They didn't want any challengers.  I mean. Can't blame anyone for not wanting competition for a job. 

that's a pretty bold accusation against the integrity of numerous people.

Then hear what I'm going to say...

We've let this thread run a bit because frankly, it is amusing. Wild-eyed theories that some foreign group who would buy a block of memberships in order to influence the election of the USPSA President is pretty damn funny.

What ain't funny is the verbiage that's starting to creep in about the candidates themselves. 

Please read the Forum Guidelines, conveniently located at the top of every forum page. 

We don't allow political discussions here.

When it poked some fun at the process, it was OK, 

When it starts targeting candidates, positively or negatively. . . .it's done.

CLOSED